Loma Linda Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jojo7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I should start a thread for those waiting on the LLU waitlist. Please post if you get pulled off the list to help the rest of us assess where we stand.

Members don't see this ad.

is anyone on the waitlist?

is anyone on the waitlist?

I am on the waitlist, have been on there for months now. Since today is the last day of interview, hopefully i will get pull off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

I had an interview at LLU for April. I called them this week, and they said that the admissions committee has not met up since the April interview. There is an interview on May 2, so we should hear back from them soon (probably 1-2 weeks or so).

Hi!

I had an interview at LLU for April. I called them this week, and they said that the admissions committee has not met up since the April interview. There is an interview on May 2, so we should hear back from them soon (probably 1-2 weeks or so).

I just had my LLU interview on May 2. Geeez I wish I would have found these forums earlier!! Thanks for this thread, it'll be interesting to see how many drop as it's getting late in the game! :rolleyes:

btw, a friend of mine already got into LLU but just got accepted to Western.. will update with his decision.

I have a question concerning the waitlist. I was interviewed back in February and was placed on the alternative list. If an alternate interviewee was place on the alternate list, does that mean they pull those that were on the alternate list for the earlier interviewees before they starting going down the list to the alternate interviewees. I hope I was able to convey with clarity.

I have a question concerning the waitlist. I was interviewed back in February and was placed on the alternative list. If an alternate interviewee was place on the alternate list, does that mean they pull those that were on the alternate list for the earlier interviewees before they starting going down the list to the alternate interviewees. I hope I was able to convey with clarity.

Let me see if I can clarify this for you a bit. Since LLU has a rolling admissions process, whoever decides to drop out of the class, they will start calling people from the waitlist. Depending on how you did at your interview, they will score and placed you on the list. If you think you did well, you can almost guaranteed that you will receive a call as soon as a seat becomes available. The days however, can vary.

Since it's coming down to the end of the admissions cycle, people should be hearing from them pretty soon. Most people will drop out once they got accepted to the other school of their choice and seats will be available for the people on the waitlist. Hope it clarifies it a bit. So please be patient.:) I was a bit confused myself. I asked Katie during my interview in March whether they have accepted anyone from the waitlist and she said yes (that was only about a month since the waitlist started). Good Luck for all those waiting.

ok i dont think it has to do only with how you did in the interview because i thought i did well but i still havent been pulled off the waitlist and i've been on it since march. i think the score is based on several factors. i have the same question as you in regards to if they pull people off from earlier interviewees first (the regular interviews) then pull off the alternate list (those who interviewed strictly for the alternate list). my guess is they combine us all together into one list..but i have no clue. i would like more people to respond so i can see if they have been pulling a lot of people off this list or just a couple.

ok i dont think it has to do only with how you did in the interview because i thought i did well but i still havent been pulled off the waitlist and i've been on it since march. i think the score is based on several factors. i have the same question as you in regards to if they pull people off from earlier interviewees first (the regular interviews) then pull off the alternate list (those who interviewed strictly for the alternate list). my guess is they combine us all together into one list..but i have no clue. i would like more people to respond so i can see if they have been pulling a lot of people off this list or just a couple.

IMO, the alternate list would have both those people interviewed solely for the alternate list as well as candidates who interviewed earlier and who have stats/criteria worthy of being on the alternate list. it doesn't seem logical that one or the other would have precedence as both groups of people are in the same boat, per se. i would imagine they have this list compiled by now and have remaining candidates listed in some sort of order for them to easily pull from. it just doesn't make sense for them to have candidates split into different groups as this would negate the purpose of having an "alternate list."

my friend will not be attending LLU as he just got into western. so, it will be interesting to see if anyone from this forum is pulled from the alternate list to fill his spot. he wasn't sda, btw.

Let me see if I can clarify this for you a bit. Since LLU has a rolling admissions process, whoever decides to drop out of the class, they will start calling people from the waitlist. Depending on how you did at your interview, they will score and placed you on the list. If you think you did well, you can almost guaranteed that you will receive a call as soon as a seat becomes available. The days however, can vary.

Since it's coming down to the end of the admissions cycle, people should be hearing from them pretty soon. Most people will drop out once they got accepted to the other school of their choice and seats will be available for the people on the waitlist. Hope it clarifies it a bit. So please be patient.:) I was a bit confused myself. I asked Katie during my interview in March whether they have accepted anyone from the waitlist and she said yes (that was only about a month since the waitlist started). Good Luck for all those waiting.

may i ask about your stats? i would like to know what differentiates people on the waitlist if we did fine on the interview

I called LLU today, and just to supplement the previous response, they have indeed made use of waitlisted candidates. A school like this has to since many selected applicants may opt out for their first choice. I dont see why, lol, socal is such a beautiful place! But anyways, the chances look pretty decent guys! :idea:

I called LLU today, and just to supplement the previous response, they have indeed made use of waitlisted candidates. A school like this has to since many selected applicants may opt out for their first choice. I dont see why, lol, socal is such a beautiful place! But anyways, the chances look pretty decent guys! :idea:

Did they tell you they haven't heard back several people that they offered aceeptance to? I got the same generic answer when I called them a month ago. At this late in the admission process, I wish they would just send out some sort of ranking so we know where we are at. I am beginning to think I am somewhere at the bottom of the list b/c i didn't do well in the interview but got waitlisted in December. noww...the waiting is so frustrating that i want a rejection letter just so i can move on with life :(

Did they tell you they haven't heard back several people that they offered aceeptance to? I got the same generic answer when I called them a month ago. At this late in the admission process, I wish they would just send out some sort of ranking so we know where we are at. I am beginning to think I am somewhere at the bottom of the list b/c i didn't do well in the interview but got waitlisted in December. noww...the waiting is so frustrating that i want a rejection letter just so i can move on with life :(

blu00s,
Don't be discourage...i'm sure your chance will come very soon. If you get a call in December for an interview, you can be sure that you did really well on your application so that's extra points. As for the interview, if you get waitlisted, you didn't do as bad as you think.

Unfortunately, LLU does not give out a number as to where you stand on the waitlist so be patient. I don't know how many waitlist interviews LLU have but when I went on my interview, there's only 7-8 people per interview. Let's just say, they start interviewing for the wailist in Feb. until May (so 4 total), and let's assume that there's 8/interview, then you're looking at 32 on the waitlist (that is, if they put everyone on the list). And I have no idea as to how many was waitlisted for the regular interview early on (let's just assume 20). Then you're looking at around 50 ppl on the waitlist that they want for this year. Last year, around 25 people got pulled off the waitlist. They've already called some people on the waitlist already, (assume 10). Then there's still more seats available. Wait and pray for their calls. Don't be discouraged and Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks AutumnCloud for the encouraging words. I'll try to keep my chin up :)
I noticed that u got in to USN congrats!! r u still waiting for LLU then?? I was thinking that if I don't get in this yr i will try my luck applying to USN for Fall 2009.

do you know if they haven't heard back from people who were offered acceptance or were you just asking if it was the case? i would like to know when is the last date to say yes to your acceptance for the last regular interview

do you know if they haven't heard back from people who were offered acceptance or were you just asking if it was the case? i would like to know when is the last date to say yes to your acceptance for the last regular interview

Actually, I called them in March twice. Their first response was all their seats were full, but they have yet heard back from some people. On my second call, the lady said they were still interviewing people. I didn't get very promising answers from them. For the second part to your question, I don't know the answer to. SO now i guess we all have to wait for whatever news to come.

They might have more alternate list interviews coming up if they don't have enough people on the waitlist. They are trying to have solid 69 students for the class. I thought we supposed to know something by the end of this week. Has anyone heard something back from them yet? Or Anyone called recently? One of the faculty member suggested me to reapply again if I haven't heard anything from them in July and if I am really interested in the program.

Actually, I called them in March twice. Their first response was all their seats were full, but they have yet heard back from some people. On my second call, the lady said they were still interviewing people. I didn't get very promising answers from them. For the second part to your question, I don't know the answer to. SO now i guess we all have to wait for whatever news to come.

hi prepharmgal!

hope your interview went great! :) yeah i have not heard back from loma linda yet either...:( just anxiously waiting for a letter or a call...it's driving me nuts :p but yeah hopefully we will hear back soon!:) should we call and ask?

I called today, and they said they have already sent out letters regarding to waitlist number or denial. So ya you should be expected something by this week

hi prepharmgal!

hope your interview went great! :) yeah i have not heard back from loma linda yet either...:( just anxiously waiting for a letter or a call...it's driving me nuts :p but yeah hopefully we will hear back soon!:) should we call and ask?

I called today, and they said they have already sent out letters regarding to waitlist number or denial. So ya you should be expected something by this week

is this in reference to people who last interviewed or for everyone who is already on the waitlist?

and did they mention if they will be informing people of their number on the waitlist..or just that they are on the waitlist?

Well, then I don't know which group of people that they are refering to. At least, I think what they mean is last two interview groups will receive letter regarding to their status. Or maybe you can call them and find out whether they will give u a waitlist number since you are also on the waitlist. Good luck! :)

is this in reference to people who last interviewed or for everyone who is already on the waitlist?

and did they mention if they will be informing people of their number on the waitlist..or just that they are on the waitlist?

hey! has anyone gotten any letters yet?? my friend called admissions and said we were supposed to get something last friday...hopefully there is something today! :)

hey! has anyone gotten any letters yet?? my friend called admissions and said we were supposed to get something last friday...hopefully there is something today! :)

Has anyone on the waiting list heard anything from the school?
I can not forget the nice weather and those flowers opposite to the school ,the students seemed very happy and loved their school.:luck:

i can join a school in other state but after the visit to Loma Lina it has turned to my No. 1 choice.
I wish we could know our position in the waiting list.

Hi Everyone,

I know that the waiting period is very painful...i've been there, done it...And I just want to tell you guys not to give up....You still have until September before school starts so it's not too late. I was accepted to Loma Linda in March and although my experience at Loma Linda was awesome, I am currently thinking of attending USN instead. I will have to consider a bit more but I will definitely let you guys know when I withdraw. Good Luck and have faith. :)

Hi,

I've officially withdrawn from LLU, I hope that my seat will be given to one of you in here. And I wish the best of luck with everything and remember to keep your hopes up. Your chance will come!

Good Luck!:)

Hi,

I've officially withdrawn from LLU, I hope that my seat will be given to one of you in here. And I wish the best of luck with everything and remember to keep your hopes up. Your chance will come!

Good Luck!:)

It takes you more than 3 weeks to give up a seat to someone else. Now I understand why some people are accepted in July or August. I definite keep my hopes up. I am a Western alternate. Thanks for the post.

Did anyone get an e-mail from Katie to start your background check and etc., so that if and when you get taken off the alternative list the process is painless.

Also, have anyone been taken off the alternative list? I called the other day and I was told the the list is moving slowly.

Hi, everyone my post has nothing to do with LLU's 2008 waitlist b/c I'm applying for Fall 2009, but I figured this would be the best place to make known my concerns since everyone on this thread has already applied to the school.

So I'm a little bit confused with the requirements for Loma Linda's letters of recommendation. On the School of Pharmacy webpage here are the guidelines for LORs word for word, "References are preferably from college-level course instructors, employers (if employment was in a health-care or science related field), and/or a pastor." Then, on their actual on-line application here are the guidelines for LORs, "Employer recommendations may be included (maximum of 2) only if employment was in a health-care related field and occurred within 3 years prior to the date of application."
My main cocern is the employer LOR b/c on the webpage it says you are allowed to use 2 employers if they work in healthcare or in the scienctific field. So, I called admissions office and the girl said that I needed a recommendation for a science professor and a pharmacist! Nowhere in the guidelines does it say pharmacist recommendations are REQUIRED. I'm confused and I've already sent in my application but I do not have a pharmacist's recommendation simply because the pharmacist I do know, I feel that her recommendation would not be as good as my current supervisor (who is a healthcare professional) and my research supervisor (who I worked with for 40 hours each week for 3 months). Does anyone know what's going on with LLU's LORs? Is the pharmacist recommendation absolutely required for a complete application?

As far as I know, I didn't really quite pay attention to their requirements. I submitted my application with a professor, a nurse whom i volunteered at the hospital, and one from my church group. Hope that helps, Good Luck!:)

Hi, everyone my post has nothing to do with LLU's 2008 waitlist b/c I'm applying for Fall 2009, but I figured this would be the best place to make known my concerns since everyone on this thread has already applied to the school.

So I'm a little bit confused with the requirements for Loma Linda's letters of recommendation. On the School of Pharmacy webpage here are the guidelines for LORs word for word, "References are preferably from college-level course instructors, employers (if employment was in a health-care or science related field), and/or a pastor." Then, on their actual on-line application here are the guidelines for LORs, "Employer recommendations may be included (maximum of 2) only if employment was in a health-care related field and occurred within 3 years prior to the date of application."
My main cocern is the employer LOR b/c on the webpage it says you are allowed to use 2 employers if they work in healthcare or in the scienctific field. So, I called admissions office and the girl said that I needed a recommendation for a science professor and a pharmacist! Nowhere in the guidelines does it say pharmacist recommendations are REQUIRED. I'm confused and I've already sent in my application but I do not have a pharmacist's recommendation simply because the pharmacist I do know, I feel that her recommendation would not be as good as my current supervisor (who is a healthcare professional) and my research supervisor (who I worked with for 40 hours each week for 3 months). Does anyone know what's going on with LLU's LORs? Is the pharmacist recommendation absolutely required for a complete application?

Did anyone get an e-mail from Katie to start your background check and etc., so that if and when you get taken off the alternative list the process is painless.

Also, have anyone been taken off the alternative list? I called the other day and I was told the the list is moving slowly.

Hi GOTO2,

I got Katie's e-mail. I am also on the alternative list. I know one girl that was in my interview date that was on the alternative list and got pulled off in June. Let's cross our fingers and hope we get in! :)

anyone who has already been pulled off the waitlist can you please post on here. i just want to get an idea of our chances. any updates yet?