Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LittleMissB

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was wondering if LLU sends out letters of rejection? More specifically, if you're not invited to an interview, then do you get a rejection letter or do you just not hear from them at all? I applied sometime during the first week of October. All I ever got was a letter in late November (so weird... they mail stuff to my permanent and not my mailing address I indicated) telling me that my application was under review. Should I have heard something by now or do they work slowly there? At this point I have no interest in attending that school at all since I got accepted to a school I'd choose over that one anyway... but since I paid the darned application fee I feel they should at least notify me and other candidates of the status :confused: .

Members don't see this ad.

LittleMissB said:
Hi everyone. I was wondering if LLU sends out letters of rejection? More specifically, if you're not invited to an interview, then do you get a rejection letter or do you just not hear from them at all? I applied sometime during the first week of October. All I ever got was a letter in late November (so weird... they mail stuff to my permanent and not my mailing address I indicated) telling me that my application was under review. Should I have heard something by now or do they work slowly there? At this point I have no interest in attending that school at all since I got accepted to a school I'd choose over that one anyway... but since I paid the darned application fee I feel they should at least notify me and other candidates of the status :confused: .

I sent my application a few days before the dec 15 deadline and havent received any letter at all from them. Im just as confused as u are.

Yeah, I have the same issue as well. I sent my application in November and also haven't heard from Loma Linda.

I feel as though I just threw away $60!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had also submitted my application after the October 15 deadline (early admissions). I called them up to ask them about the status of my application. They said that they're still reviewing early admission applications, and they won't start reviewing regular admissions apps until a couple of weeks from now. To the OP: If you sent yours in before the early admissions deadline, maybe you could try calling them about your status, because I'm not sure about that.

Okay well I heard from my dear friend today ((Hi Crystal :p )) who applied to LLU last year. I am told that they don't send out letters unless it's to invite you to an interview. She sent her materials in October and didn't even hear from them til May which was when she received the invite. I wish they would send rejection letters if they already know if they won't invite a candidate. I totally agree with the post about feeling like you've thrown $60 away. I mean with the $60 or whatever we pay, we should at least get closure haha. Oh well.

LittleMissB said:
Okay well I heard from my dear friend today ((Hi Crystal :p )) who applied to LLU last year. I am told that they don't send out letters unless it's to invite you to an interview. She sent her materials in October and didn't even hear from them til May which was when she received the invite. I wish they would send rejection letters if they already know if they won't invite a candidate. I totally agree with the post about feeling like you've thrown $60 away. I mean with the $60 or whatever we pay, we should at least get closure haha. Oh well.
+++++++++++++++

my application was complete in oct. and since then i havent heard anything from them. i emailed them and got no answer. what a waste of money?

I did attend an interview. I remember them saying that they received 1500 applications for 65 spots. They were interviewing 2 to 3 people for every spot. Roughly about 200 people. They make it a point to tell you that you are a competitive applicant if you make it to the interview stage. Nice school and nice faculty. I enjoyed my visit there.

If you think you threw away $60, I spent $125 on Nevada School of Pharm and haven't heard anything.

BTW, if you get an interview you will only a get a phone call. No email, no letter. I hope that helps...

stickandstone said:
+++++++++++++++

my application was complete in oct. and since then i havent heard anything from them. i emailed them and got no answer. what a waste of money?

I attended an interview on 1/27 as well. I was impressed with the students and faculty, as well as the curriculum. The only concern I have is the social life...

Does anyone know what the students do for fun? Where do they go out? How about housing...where do students live?