Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DustinfromCA

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, sorry I know there is a thread already on this school but I can't seem to find the search function (Did it get removed?).

Well I wasn't sure whether or not I should apply to Loma Linda and was wondering what exactly they look for in their applicants.

To be honest I'm suprised their GPA average is so high at 3.4ish when they're not a pharmcas participating school and they place such a high degree of emphasis on your religion in the application process.

I'm catholic and was wondering if I should even bother applying to Loma Linda.

Thanks to anyone who is a LL student or has gone through the application process.
 
DustinfromCA said:
Hi, sorry I know there is a thread already on this school but I can't seem to find the search function (Did it get removed?).

Well I wasn't sure whether or not I should apply to Loma Linda and was wondering what exactly they look for in their applicants.

To be honest I'm suprised their GPA average is so high at 3.4ish when they're not a pharmcas participating school and they place such a high degree of emphasis on your religion in the application process.

I'm catholic and was wondering if I should even bother applying to Loma Linda.

Thanks to anyone who is a LL student or has gone through the application process.

A lot of surprises like Touro getting 2000+ apps for a second year school.

Pacific Univ in OR also was 3.4 for first year.

EVery year the average gpa goes up by .05.
 
i didn't think llu placed an inordinate degree of emphasis on religion on their application... even though they are a seventh-day adventist school, all religions (and no religion) are accepted. if you are comfortable with the environment at llu (no caffeine sold on campus, etc.) and you have the financial support and time to apply to llu, i don't see why you wouldn't.
 
Just make sure you read their student handbook. They have a lot of rules. You have to attend their services and they have all kinds of dress/makeup/jewelry rules. Very strict. Check it out.