Long Island University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email. And oddly enough the email is dated for February 7th. I received the email February 4th at like 2:30
 
If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).🙂
 
I went today, it was longgg. Admissions asked a lot more questions than my first interview. There was no tour, but I already did one before the pharmacy school interview.

I did talk to a c.w post student at the interview though o.o.
 
does anyone have any advice on the interview?? this is my first interview so i have no idea what to expect
 
can u give me an approximation of how many questions they ask, and just a summary of what happens interview day?
 
I went today, it was longgg. Admissions asked a lot more questions than my first interview. There was no tour, but I already did one before the pharmacy school interview.

I did talk to a c.w post student at the interview though o.o.

What time slot was your interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
10:40 in the morning. A lot of them were 19 years old; must be great to know what your doing at that age... Im so envious of them. I wish everyone luck 🙂.

"
can u give me an approximation of how many questions they ask, and just a summary of what happens interview day?"
alotttt of questions, a lot more than my boston one.
 
10:40 in the morning. A lot of them were 19 years old; must be great to know what your doing at that age... Im so envious of them. I wish everyone luck 🙂.

"
can u give me an approximation of how many questions they ask, and just a summary of what happens interview day?"
alotttt of questions, a lot more than my boston one.

a lot? really? They only asked me maybe 9 or 10 questions. Whole interview was 20 minutes. It was closed book, meaning they had no idea of my grades or my personal statement, so no questions were asked from there.
 
it wasnt 10 for me >>... probably about 17-18. They really wanted to know me lol... Boston was like 7.
mines was open book, they know about my personal statement... in fact, he told me he loved my personal statement like 4 times...
 
Last edited:
it wasnt 10 for me >>... probably about 17-18. They really wanted to know me lol... Boston was like 7.
mines was open book, they know about my personal statement... in fact, he told me he loved my personal statement like 4 times...

Lol, do you remember who interviewed you? Maybe it was still closed book in regards to grades?
 
I just saw an email that was from "PharmD" and subject "Arnold Marie Schwartz"... but it was in my spam box and I accidentally clicked the delete all spam -_- anyone know if that's how their interview letter email head was like? I use gmail btw if that helps...
 
That sounds like it was from the pharmacy school, you should call them. I don't think there is a way to get back spam once it is deleted.
 
I do believe it was from them. I have called them they said I should be receiving a letter in the mail as well. So it's alright. Thanks for the help =D
 
i am an international student..
i have submitted my application.. it was mailed on 12/14
and still no responses from LIU...
is there any way i can check my application status? =/
anyone else who didnt hear anything back from them?
 
did anyone else's interview letter ask them to bring a copy of their transcripts and current term schedule? Did they use this or just ask for it?
 
i am an international student..
i have submitted my application.. it was mailed on 12/14
and still no responses from LIU...
is there any way i can check my application status? =/
anyone else who didnt hear anything back from them?

I haven't heard a peep from them in over three months!

It looks like people are still getting invited for interviews, so there is still hope. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called them in january and these are the exact words they told me:
"We conduct interviews till the end of march... If you don't get an invitation by the end of march...."
​
 
So the last interview date is late march 🙁 looks like im not getting invited, though i did get a letter from the school telling me to apply to their HEOP aid, which i thought maybe linked me some what back to getting an interview :xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe letters are sent out on the 25th of April? Perhaps the 22nd, but still we'd get them the last week right?