You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Long Island University Application Thread
Started by EnfieldGal
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Finished the assignments, just read over the terminologies, I didnt memorize the diseases but I did finish the whole the book.
Finished the assignments, just read over the terminologies, I didnt memorize the diseases but I did finish the whole the book.
We just have to do "medical vocabulary" assignment in each chapter, yes?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes, on the CD. I just looked through the voca, Im not going to memorize it, because it wouldnt be on the exam (patho) according to my friend, and it doesnt build up to my long term memory. The terminologies are very useful, and I did all the problems in the book. It's a very helpful book.We just have to do "medical vocabulary" assignment in each chapter, yes?
Nope, they are not going to test us on it. You just need to turn in the materials.So they are going to test us on the material from the book? I'm assuming during the first/second week?
Do u know anything about how the patho class is going to be NYCrxdream? It seems tough by looking at the # of credits..kinda worried
patho = disease, physiology = function.
Function of disease. We have a lab for it. We do have a lot of credits, but it seems like there is a 88.5% graduation rate. We should be fine if we study hard. Im worried about biochem and the ethnic courses.
Function of disease. We have a lab for it. We do have a lot of credits, but it seems like there is a 88.5% graduation rate. We should be fine if we study hard. Im worried about biochem and the ethnic courses.
I think biochem is going to be hard as well, but hopefully it ends well for all of us. Look at the bright side, the ethics class is only 2 credits, so it doesn't seem like it'll give us a headache like the patho and biochem. Did u hear anything about the ethics class being hard?
I read part of the book. Some of the dummies series (Biochem for dummies) talk about the same stuff. Here is the book's name that is required. And yes, I heard it was hard.
.\Biochemistry A Short Course, by Tymoczko, J.L., Berg, J.M. and Stryer, L, W.H.ISBN-13: 978-0-7167-5840-2 .
.\Biochemistry A Short Course, by Tymoczko, J.L., Berg, J.M. and Stryer, L, W.H.ISBN-13: 978-0-7167-5840-2 .
Last edited:
Nope, they are not going to test us on it. You just need to turn in the materials.
are you sure? I didn't bother memorizing it either, I just read it over briefly so I could finish the assignments.
Im pretty sure, everyone okay from the earthquake?
this sucks, a hurricane will be coming as well on sunday -__-.No, im pretty shook up
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, prof send me the syallbus, you can request it through email.Are you sure this is the book we are going to use for PH-131? Because it is not loaded on the online bookstore for the class...
You guys
http://www.facebook.com/pages/LIU-Pharmacy-Class-of-2015/248318951855278
join this facebook page. And the roster is up with our names.
yeah, prof send me the syallbus, you can request it through email.
You guys
http://www.facebook.com/pages/LIU-Pharmacy-Class-of-2015/248318951855278
join this facebook page. And the roster is up with our names.
Sweet!!! Just saw my name there. I orders all the other books by searching them through the book store. This is the only book that they don't have up. Can you forward me the syllabus? I would like to see it. I can message you my email.
And I also made a class of 2015 fb group. Is this group made my the college it self.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/259937777369461/
Is the ph 100 syllabus working for anyone? Every time I open it, it comes up blank.
yeah it is, it is a word document, you just download it. At first it didnt work, but just click back, and click on the link again.Is the ph 100 syllabus working for anyone? Every time I open it, it comes up blank.
click on "content" on the left hand menu...from there, you can download it
I got the ph 101 syllabus from Dr. Shah. The ph 100 syllabus is still not working.
Edit: I got it to work. If you guys want the ph 101 syllabus go to content collection on top right, then course content on left and click on ph 101. The syllabus is the 9th one down.
Edit: I got it to work. If you guys want the ph 101 syllabus go to content collection on top right, then course content on left and click on ph 101. The syllabus is the 9th one down.
Last edited:
We don't have to bring the activities tomorrow, correct?
see you guys today for orientation! =D
Yes, Im 1 page and a half done so fa.r x.x. .Guess we're all writing a 4 page paper right now, eh?
Im done! 8DDD
2 pages, single spaced. Actually 2 page and 3 lines. Faculty are on strike today, so computer lab might be downHow much did ya write? 4 dub spaced pages?
I'm curious guys, how is it so far at LIU? I go to CUNY City Tech, which is around the corner basically from LIU, and a good number of chemistry students here are pre-pharm (that's all I hear about in orgo lec 😉 ), and it seems like LIU is a top choice for many. I'm considering switching from pre-med to pre-pharm (not sure yet though, still researching and considering what I really want to do), and I'd apply to LIU since it's in the area. Any thoughts from your experiences so far would be appreciated (as far as rigor, facilities, etc). I've requested info from LIU but it hasn't arrived yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, Im a transfer from City Tech. I will be coming in around spring with Patrick Campbell to talk about pharmacy school at LIU during Chem club hours. You should def talk to the chair of the department. Which prof do you have for orgo? I remember being in ochem and everyone was a pre med, I was the only pre pharm there lol.I'm curious guys, how is it so far at LIU? I go to CUNY City Tech, which is around the corner basically from LIU, and a good number of chemistry students here are pre-pharm (that's all I hear about in orgo lec 😉 ), and it seems like LIU is a top choice for many. I'm considering switching from pre-med to pre-pharm (not sure yet though, still researching and considering what I really want to do), and I'd apply to LIU since it's in the area. Any thoughts from your experiences so far would be appreciated (as far as rigor, facilities, etc). I've requested info from LIU but it hasn't arrived yet.
@Leobloom, today was annoying. I felt like under grad was more professional than pharmacy school with all the leaving and entering... the "When do we have break" talk .etc. Thank god it was staged, but a lot of people kept talking and talking, showing a lot of disrespect sometimes...
Last edited:
I have my rotations in Jamaica queens. One in Bergen Beach brooklyn, and Lenox manhattan. Goodness man, I wish I have more manhattan rotation sites, seriously >>.
Hi, Im a transfer from City Tech. I will be coming in around spring with Patrick Campbell to talk about pharmacy school at LIU during Chem club hours. You should def talk to the chair of the department. Which prof do you have for orgo? I remember being in ochem and everyone was a pre med, I was the only pre pharm there lol.
Oh, that's awesome! I'll look out for the LIU visit in the spring, definitely. I've got Prof. Nicholas for lecture and lab.
There are a few pre-meds in the class, but there seems to be more pre-pharms (or at least they talk about being pre-pharm more, lol). One girl even walks around with a PCAT review book in her bag (and we're in orgo I)...intense, lol. I overheard a few of them talking about PharmCAS last week, so that's when I knew.
So how is it at LIU so far?
he is a good prof, I got my letter of recommendation from him. I guess Pre pharm is the new thing lol.Oh, that's awesome! I'll look out for the LIU visit in the spring, definitely. I've got Prof. Nicholas for lecture and lab.
There are a few pre-meds in the class, but there seems to be more pre-pharms (or at least they talk about being pre-pharm more, lol). One girl even walks around with a PCAT review book in her bag (and we're in orgo I)...intense, lol. I overheard a few of them talking about PharmCAS last week, so that's when I knew.
So how is it at LIU so far?
I didnt talk too much of LIU when I was at undergrad, surprised everyone wants to get in here; during my time with tech there wasnt much love for LIU. Im on my 2nd day in LIU. I think it's pretty good so far, def saw some serious students.
I just went to tech in the morning to say hi to Colleen and Prof Spellane lol, printed out my 4 page professionalism page, that's the good thing about city, close to LIU by walking distance haha. Enough to update with the profs your progress.
I have my rotations in Jamaica queens. One in Bergen Beach brooklyn, and Lenox manhattan. Goodness man, I wish I have more manhattan rotation sites, seriously >>.
I got all three in Manhattan, do you have one unassigned?
he is a good prof, I got my letter of recommendation from him. I guess Pre pharm is the new thing lol.
I didnt talk too much of LIU when I was at undergrad, surprised everyone wants to get in here; during my time with tech there wasnt much love for LIU. Im on my 2nd day in LIU. I think it's pretty good so far, def saw some serious students.
I just went to tech in the morning to say hi to Colleen and Prof Spellane lol, printed out my 4 page professionalism page, that's the good thing about city, close to LIU by walking distance haha. Enough to update with the profs your progress.
LOL Colleen, she makes me laugh. Yeah a couple former students have stopped by to update the profs, I like that. LIU seems to be somewhat popular as far as PA and Pharm these days (one guy mentioned to Prof Nicholas how one of his former students is now at LIU PA). Maybe it's b/c it's the only school in NYC that doesn't require a bachelors to apply (excluding St Johns since it doesn't take transfers apparently).
Thanks for the info, I look forward to reading more about your adventure at LIU, and can't wait for the info session in the spring.
Met with tmir today =]
hi.... this is saikrishna.i got 1300 in gre.can i get admission in RIU?
I'm having trouble paying my bill. I've completed my mpn and entrance counseling and so has my mother, and we've also submitted the loan adjustment form for the PLUS loan. Currently, my loans and my scholarships are listed under pending aid. How do I get them applied to my current balance?
ANSWER: The application of the loans is delayed, just pay the part of the bill that your loans/scholarships don't cover and all you transfer students can get your ID/iPad
Also, do we have recitation this Monday? I vaguely remember someone saying that it starts the week after this week.
ANSWER: No PH130 recitation, however, there was a PH101 recitation
ANSWER: The application of the loans is delayed, just pay the part of the bill that your loans/scholarships don't cover and all you transfer students can get your ID/iPad
Also, do we have recitation this Monday? I vaguely remember someone saying that it starts the week after this week.
ANSWER: No PH130 recitation, however, there was a PH101 recitation
Last edited:
I think you should ask FA. I didnt have any patho recitation. At least I got to see Tom ryan today, Im happy =].I'm having trouble paying my bill. I've completed my mpn and entrance counseling and so has my mother, and we've also submitted the loan adjustment form for the PLUS loan. Currently, my loans and my scholarships are listed under pending aid. How do I get them applied to my current balance?
ANSWER: The application of the loans is delayed, just pay the part of the bill that your loans/scholarships don't cover and all you transfer students can get your ID/iPad
Also, do we have recitation this Monday? I vaguely remember someone saying that it starts the week after this week.
ANSWER: No PH130 recitation, however, there was a PH101 recitation
newbie
does anyone have ph130 syllabus?thanks
does anyone have ph130 syllabus?thanks
Similar threads
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K