Long Island University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good and useful interview questons? what was the hardest and unusual question they asked? Any answers would be helpful!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of any good and useful interview questons? what was the hardest and unusual question they asked? Any answers would be helpful!:)

do they still offer interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats for LIU students or transfer students?

hey guys, LIU accepts about 50 students. I think February is their interview month. As for what questions they ask:
If you saw someone cheating what would you do?
What is your best characteristic?
What is your worst quality?
Why you chose pharmacy?
What is your attitude towards the high capacity of information in the program?
Besides working in a pharmacy, do you know what else pharmacists can do/

Hope this was helpful

Did anyone even receive confirmation of materials from them?

For those that got an interview, would you mind sharing your GPA and PCAT score? Thanks

Did anyone even receive confirmation of materials from them?

no i havnt received anything. I tried calling them and they wouldnt tell me if they received my materials. Has anyone else have?? Have any transfer students recieved interviews??

I know someone who interviewed, they had 90+% and 3.9 pre req gpa

wow,were they a transfer student?:luck:

I know someone they interviewed with 3.6 gpa and 50% pcat

Members don't see this ad :)
i havnt heard anything from them and they won't give me any answer but just to wait.

3.6 gpa and 80 PCAT

Hey guys, I called LIU and friday the 12th is their last day to call people for interviews. Im holding my breath

So no interview, guess that means rejection :((( They said they sent out the letters this week. Uhhh what will I do with myself?

I got an invite yesterday, they might still be sending them out. Keep your heads up guys.

@Champ101: I'm also waiting, did they contact you via e-mail or physical mail? Anyone how many spots are left?

they're not sending anything out until the last week of april, at which point all notifications go out via snail mail

oh the torture!!!! Why must they make things so dramatic

Anyone? Anything?

I have not received anything yet! guess would be in a day or two! I am as nervous as you are. haha when is you interview date? do you know how many people got interviewed? I kind of lost myself during that day.

I just received my acceptance letter to LIU today but I am going to decline the acceptance. Good luck to everyone else.

I just received my acceptance letter to LIU today but I am going to decline the acceptance. Good luck to everyone else.

Funny, I recieved my rejection letter weeks ago. I must be such a bad candidate that they can reject me outright, lol.

accepted....letters were mailed 4/29 received today good luck everyone

I called them asking them why I haven't received anything. While they were looking for my file they said "oops guess we'll just send it out now" and I still haven't received anything. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!