Long name got cut off for some reason during AMCAS transmission, should I e-mail schools about it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CellPowerhouse

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! As the title says I have a long-ish (two-part) first name and for some reason, in all of the secondary portals the last letter of the second part is cut off. I did check my AMCAS primary before and after submission so this was not a mistake on my end. I was wondering if this is something I should e-mail med schools about, in case they think I'm some sort of dufus who can't even spell his name right. Thoughts?
 
I think people will realize that their own system truncated your name. If they think you're doofus, just tell them at least you're more functional than Magikarp
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay sweet thanks. I should have check all the portals before posting this - only 4 out of the 16 have my name cut off and those 4 all use the same system it seems.
 
probably call amcas. they usually pick up the phone
I probably will do this to double-check. It's fine for most of my schools, but it just bugs me looking at a misspelled version of my name (and i couldn't fix it on the secondary forms either).
 
I had the same "issue" but it's an issue I've had since high school taking the PSAT and beyond. It never hurts to let the schools know, but in my experience you don't really need to.
 
I had the same "issue" but it's an issue I've had since high school taking the PSAT and beyond. It never hurts to let the schools know, but in my experience you don't really need to.
I'm leaning towards just letting it go, it's just one letter anyway and in my correspondence to them (for other inquiries/things I had to submit) they referred to me by my correctly spelled name.