Long Term Care Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am super new to this whole concept of residencies. I am just finishing my pre-pharmacy coursework now and will be starting pharmacy school later this year. I was told that if I want to work with folks that are living with terminal illnesses, that I will need to do one to two years of residencies. I was also told that there are no long-term care residencies in the state of Illinois. Is this true?

Is there a list of available residencies somewhere that I could access?

Does where I go to school make a huge impact when it comes time to apply for residencies? I am currently trying to decide between UIC or Midwestern-Downers Grove.

Thanks in advance for your time and input.
Chris
 
ForgetMeNot said:
I'll go ahead and direct you to this thread for some more information for starters.


Thanks for the info. Right after I posted I finally found the ashp website that lists all of the residencies across the U.S. and Puerto Rico. It's getting me thinking...