Longest silence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triangulation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's a not so fun one to post on, but I'm still curious. How long have y'all gone w/out hearing anything? I'm curious b/c it seems like there are a bunch of people w/bad-ass scores and GPAs who haven't heard a peep.

I submitted late for just about everything, so it's only been about two weeks of absolute deep space silence. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted what? AMCAS, or secondaries, or LOR's? Silence since when? I submitted my secondaries to Jefferson and SLU on 8/1 and have yet to hear from either of them even if my app is complete!! Same for Jefferson and Mount Sinai on 8/3, UVa on 8/10, Boston on 8/27. My AMCAS was submitted on 7/25 and processed on 10/12. I took the August MCAT so those scores weren't available to the schools until the end of October at the earliest.
I've had interview invites from 2 schools (out of 9) I submitted secondaries to in August, 2 (out of 5) from September, and 4 (out of 9) from October. The process really defies all logic.

I had deep silence from the beginning of August (the time that I started submitting secondaries...my primary was submitted July 6 and processed on Oct 19) until last week (almost 20 weeks) when I heard about my first pseudo-interview...the telephone interview/secondary from Mayo.

Strange thing is there is certain schools that I thought I would have heard from now. I applied to University of Washington. They usually grant interviews to all in-state applicants (Alaska is in-state to UW) that have a 3.5+ GPA and 30+ MCAT. I heard this straight from the admissions office this past spring. I fit those stats but no word from them yet even though others I know that completed applications after me have heard back -- some of them weeks ago.

Perhaps one of my letters of recommendation was not as flattering as the recommender let me to believe it would be. Or, my essays were just plain bad. Or, the most likely reason, this process is completely random.

It seems that for some, this process takes a lot of patience. I am far from giving up hope and understand that it is not the end of the world if I don't get in this year (although I'm 31 years old and at some point I'll probably have to give up).

Good luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as not hearing anything yet being complete, I am at Cornell (9/7), Stanford (9/7) and Dartmouth (9/17) and haven't heard a single thing in three months. Plus I took the April MCAT.

Andrew

No one is hearing anything!!! Arrgh.
bashcomp.gif

here's a good one for you.. For the 2000-2001 application cycle, I had my application complete at SLU (letters of rec went late so it should have been complete in August) in mid-September and didn't get my interview invite in the mail until LATE February. It came in a thin envelope too! I was an April MCATer, BTW. I interviewed in April and my interview went well except for the fact that I managed to snare a LARGE run in my pantyhose right before the interview; got put on the Alternate List 2 weeks later BUT later accepted in mid-July (my first acceptance!!) so don't despair at all if you haven't heard.. good luck..

Yup, thanks for the hope. I've gotten a Stanford secondary, but other than that, I've heard nothing from anywhere. Duke still fails to acknowledge that I've even sent my secondary in (I sent it in two weeks ago!), and the Stanford status check hasn't been updated in almost two weeks.

So, I'm completely in the dark up here. I figure the Stanford secondary was a good sign, but other than that, I've got nothing to go with... :(