Look what everyone has to look forward to.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jim Picotte, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Jim Picotte

Jim Picotte Senior Member

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

This is why OB/GYN Kenobis in rural areas are having to quit their rural practices and move to the city. The insurance premiums get to be similar to their income!

4. Explosivo

Explosivo blah!

This is definitely disturbing.

With outrageous insurance premiums that are forcing doctors out of practice in certain areas you have the makings of a serious medical crisis in the future if not already.

I guess I just have to hope that in 8 years by the time I start practicing that tort reform laws are finally passed at a federal level. I'm not sure how much lobbying power the AMA has but I sure hope they start putting a full court press on congress to pass something soon. However, I believe the trial lawyers have a far stronger lobby so it looks like it will be an uphill battle.

5. badassy

badassy Senior Member

It, certainly is discouraging.

6. tryingagain

tryingagain Soon to have no life

Great answer to the "What is the biggest problem facing Healthcare today?" question at your local interview.

7. srabulldog

srabulldog Member

malpractice insurance worries: move to Cali where they have had successful tort reform and things are getting under control! Or, do the military where there are no malpractice fees! BTW, my dad's a doc and he isn't worried about the malpractice situation b/c he says it's been cylcing like this for decades. but then again, he's essentially retired so I doubt he's extremely concerned...