Looking aheadto chances and whats sure to be nervewracking and reliant on luck

EMDream

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years I moved from Canada to be with him in NY. I have been accepted to PA school in buffalo with 3 years to compelte the degree and he is applying to medical school for 05. So of course us not being LD relies onhim getting accepted to one of TWO schools. Rochester or Suny Buffalo. Ofcourse he is applying allthe NY schools and I haveno idea where he will be likely toget int he's a Cornell undergrad with a 3.6something GPA and his MCAT to be determined still.

*sigh* I know it's a crap shoot and it just makes me worry for our future.

I also may want to go onto med school one day and it's just going to be so tough even if he gets into buffalo he will have to try and match his residencies to where I goto school.

What a bumpy ride ahead :(

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for the typos. Keyboard sucks.

Its not an easy juggle you have ahead!!!

I don't know what the chances of getting in to the 2 school you mentioned would be. Its not just grades that count but also interview presentation.

Hopefully that part will work out and he will get in to the close schools. But, it is possible you might have to do long-distance. There are a few people at my hubbies school that have been living apart from their spouses and will contine to do so til they are done!!! I couldn't do it - but thats me and my drive probably isn't as high. :)

Long-distance is difficult and can be a strain. However, some people that I have talked to said it was actually good because the med student could focus more on studying without worrying that they are neglecting their S.O. That is a common complaint amoung live together couples - the non-med-student feeling neglected. So, you would miss that part. :)

As for the future and you being in med school and arranging his residencies - take that as it comes. It might be easier then you thought.

Good luck with the PA program!!!!

With smiles,
Wifty