looking for advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dchyno

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what kind of advice would you give to a person who wants to resume their studies in pharmacy, but was shot down by a close family member?

Members don't see this ad.

Do it for yourself, not anyone else. Do you live your life according to how you want to or how other people think you should??

what kind of advice would you give to a person who wants to resume their studies in pharmacy, but was shot down by a close family member?

Umm, shoot'em back.+pissed+ It doesn't matter what they think you can do. It matters what you think you can do. As long as the close family member is not needed for financial, emotional, or physical support, you'll be able to do whatever you like and show them how wrong they really are. If it's a spouse, that's a little harder because the coursework is difficult and you'll need that support to make it through unless you're just indepently able to accomplish this on your own. (Which, if that were the case I don't think I'd have to answer this question.)

Members don't see this ad :)
why does it matter if they shoot you down? it's your career. I'd use what they said as motivation. I'm not sure if trying to succeed because of spite counts, but i guess motivation is motivation.

My family weren't happy with my decision right at first because they were ignorant about the profession. Once I gave them some info to read and they talked to couple local pharmacists they came around and are now there to support me 100%! They told me they were happy I ignored their negativity about my choice in the beginning because now they know I made the right choice for myself!

It is your life and don't let yourself have to regret this decision because of ignorance and negativity. Your family loves you and will come around once they see it makes you happy!