Looking for effective ways to study...how are you guys studying??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrGainzzz

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm just wondering how yall are studying week to week/ for exams/ overall? I won't start medical school until the summer of 2018 BUT I'm just reaching out early and looking for some tricks of the trade so I don't get my s-h-i-t rocked the first few weeks. Also, does anyone have tips for test anxiety?

P.s : yall are so much nicer over here compared to the pre-do forums.

Thanks so much for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I'm just wondering how yall are studying week to week/ for exams/ overall? I won't start medical school until the summer of 2018 BUT I'm just reaching out early and looking for some tricks of the trade so I don't get my ****tt rocked the first few weeks. Also, does anyone have tips for test anxiety?

P.s : yall are so much nicer over here compared to the pre-do forums.

Thanks so much for the help!

The thing that killed me was changing answers...if you aren't more than 80% sure you should change it, don't. you have to be real honest with yourself. Biochemistry has the weird ability to let you talk yourself into all sorts of answers.

Reactions: 1 users
The thing that killed me was changing answers...if you aren't more than 80% sure you should change it, don't. you have to be real honest with yourself. Biochemistry has the weird ability to let you talk yourself into all sorts of answers.
haha damn biochem! yeah, I have the problem with changing my answers as well. Definitely noted, thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I went to lecture, then make study guide for it, then I listen to the lecture on 2x speed again, this time I did not take note or anything but just solely focus on the lecture. One day before any exam, I do practice question. I've been doing above avg so far and my grade keep increasing, so I guess I do things right.
That just my method, you will figure it out once school start. Study for retention is the key so you should make every possible effort try to understand the big picture and materials, then knot down details once you have time. I did 4 passes through all the materials before every exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I went to lecture, then make study guide for it, then I listen to the lecture on 2x speed again, this time I did not take note or anything but just solely focus on the lecture. One day before any exam, I do practice question. I've been doing above avg so far and my grade keep increasing, so I guess I do things right.
That just my method, you will figure it out once school start. Study for retention is the key so you should make every possible effort try to understand the big picture and materials, then knot down details once you have time. I did 4 passes through all the materials before every exam.

NICE! My grade's been dropping and I'm constantly stressed out right now. Good job!

Biochemistry has the weird ability to let you talk yourself into all sorts of answers.

Lol this is embryo for me. That moment when you get the difficult questions right but missed the question that 90% of the class got right :rolleyes: And never, ever, ever choose an answer choice you have never seen before. I am clearly not speaking from experience...

Well, I went to lecture, then make study guide for it, then I listen to the lecture on 2x speed again, this time I did not take note or anything but just solely focus on the lecture.

This x 100. Focused less on preparing the material (study guides, flashcards, etc) and spent more time getting as many passes of the material as possible.
Noticed a significant increase in my grades since going from 2 passes of material with study guide, Anki to 3-4 passes and utilizing a study guide posted by previous students.
One day before any exam, I do practice question.
If the school is being nice (no new material for at least 3 days), I like to do my practice questions 2-3 days before the exam. Day before the exam I'm focused on material that I can use simple picture association (histology, radiology).