Looking for Housing in Tuskegee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mblewis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out where to live and the best places to look at for a few days now, and so far I haven't gotten anywhere. Are there any current vet students that go to Tuskegee and are willing to talk to me about their housing? I'm looking for somewhere that is pet-friendly (I have two guinea pigs that I'm bringing with me). I have been told several things so far, like how most people live in Auburn but it's a 30 minute drive, there's no shopping or anything in Tuskegee, things like that. I'm leaving for a summer program in Michigan on June 9th so it's really important for me to sign a lease somewhere before then!! Thanks in advance for you all's help!

Also, if anyone's recently been accepted to Tuskegee and is looking for roommates, let me know. Maybe we can work something out!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been trying to figure out where to live and the best places to look at for a few days now, and so far I haven't gotten anywhere. Are there any current vet students that go to Tuskegee and are willing to talk to me about their housing? I'm looking for somewhere that is pet-friendly (I have two guinea pigs that I'm bringing with me). I have been told several things so far, like how most people live in Auburn but it's a 30 minute drive, there's no shopping or anything in Tuskegee, things like that. I'm leaving for a summer program in Michigan on June 9th so it's really important for me to sign a lease somewhere before then!! Thanks in advance for you all's help!

Also, if anyone's recently been accepted to Tuskegee and is looking for roommates, let me know. Maybe we can work something out!

Hello mblewis,
Did you get to go to Tuskegee? Did you like it? What did you do with the housing situation? I am trying to get an externship for August 2014 and would love some feedback on housing, groceries shopping anf that kind of things... is there even a public transportation? Thanks!

Hey guys! I'm currently going to Tuskegee.

I personally live in Auburn and drive about 25 minutes to school in the morning. I carpool with another girl that lives near me, so gas isn't too expensive.

I would recommend getting a mobile home. Depending on how many bedrooms or how new the model is, they run between $12,000-$25,000. I pay a monthly lot rent of $205, and you get to sell the home to incoming freshmen when you graduate. The cost is even less if you have roommates to rent out the additional rooms to. What's really great is not having to worry about paying deposits or having breed restrictions on your pets. I have a dog, cat, and a some foster animals throughout the year.

We haven't done interviews yet, so I'm not sure if you guys are already accepted. I would recommend driving around Auburn/Tuskegee to get a feel for the area (something I neglected when I interviewed). There is zero public transportation in Tuskegee. Auburn has Tiger Transit, but it doesn't go to Tuskegee.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I'm currently going to Tuskegee.

I personally live in Auburn and drive about 25 minutes to school in the morning. I carpool with another girl that lives near me, so gas isn't too expensive.

I would recommend getting a mobile home. Depending on how many bedrooms or how new the model is, they run between $12,000-$25,000. I pay a monthly lot rent of $205, and you get to sell the home to incoming freshmen when you graduate. The cost is even less if you have roommates to rent out the additional rooms to. What's really great is not having to worry about paying deposits or having breed restrictions on your pets. I have a dog, cat, and a some foster animals throughout the year.

We haven't done interviews yet, so I'm not sure if you guys are already accepted. I would recommend driving around Auburn/Tuskegee to get a feel for the area (something I neglected when I interviewed). There is zero public transportation in Tuskegee. Auburn has Tiger Transit, but it doesn't go to Tuskegee.

Hello Jessperk,

Do you mind if we get in contact? I am going to Tuskegee for a training of 9 weeks, starting in August. I do have some questions regarding housing, gas and food expenses.
I would appreciate any feedback you could give me. My email is [email protected]
Thanks!