Looking for Labs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anashpiano

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to apply to MD/PhD programs in this coming AMCAS cycle, and I am in the process of contacting laboratories to learn more about their research. Ideally, I'd love to study the pathology of a disease and engineer diagnostics (or other devices) to help fight this disease for use in developing countries. While it sounds pretty general, I'm really having trouble finding much of anyone who is currently doing this! I have tried looking through internet searches, and I've asked all sorts of people including my research mentors, and lab mates. Now, I'd like to ask all of you!

Does anyone know any research groups that do anything like this?

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to apply to MD/PhD programs in this coming AMCAS cycle, and I am in the process of contacting laboratories to learn more about their research. Ideally, I'd love to study the pathology of a disease and engineer diagnostics (or other devices) to help fight this disease for use in developing countries. While it sounds pretty general, I'm really having trouble finding much of anyone who is currently doing this! I have tried looking through internet searches, and I've asked all sorts of people including my research mentors, and lab mates. Now, I'd like to ask all of you!

Does anyone know any research groups that do anything like this?

If I were you I'd look into clinical Pathology departments in medical schools, and the I'd look at BioEngineering departments for your second interest.

You also might want to check out the websites for infectious disease and microbiology/virology departments and labs in your area. It would be easier to search if you had a more specific field of interest.

I find it a LOT easier to start with a specific disease THEN fit the rest in.