Looking for school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vuacorona

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am looking for a pharmacy school to apply that not too expensive. Most Phamarcy schools in California are not cheap.

If you know any good school in US that is not too expensive, please advise.

thanks
v.

Members don't see this ad.

vuacorona said:
Hello all,
I am looking for a pharmacy school to apply that not too expensive. Most Phamarcy schools in California are not cheap.

If you know any good school in US that is not too expensive, please advise.

thanks
v.

my friend... two words ---> Student Loan. Dont worry about them. Unless you are one of those few outstanding students, your gonna have them. Whats the difference between 30 to 120 to 200 thousand for school, when your job is going to consistently pay 60 - 90 thousand/ year. Not only that, but it will pay that much year after year after year. Some people quibble about this - but really, its not the most important thing in the world. Work on making sure you can get in - not whether you can afford it (student loans will ensure you can).

~above~

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much for all replied. I guess my focus now is on how to get in.

Another question though, between public and private school. What is your recommendation? and why?

thanks
v.

Just Focus Of Getting Accepted Is The Key Here. To Me It Doesnt Matter Whether It Is Public Or Private.

HABANERO4ME said:
Just Focus Of Getting Accepted Is The Key Here. To Me It Doesnt Matter Whether It Is Public Or Private.

Heck yeah!!! I agree 100% I am going to apply to all of the Florida schools. UF is public and its my #1 choice. Not because its public, but because its the best (not knocking the others by any means however). You will find that public is cheaper than private because public is subsidized by the gov. The level of education I would say is close to the same (at least in Florida it is - no Ivy league here). Pharm school is so competitive to get into, really just work on making yourself a strong applicant. If (and or when) you get into school - the actual schools you are accepted to will narrow down your choices of where to attend.
good :luck:
~above~

It doesn't really matter if its public or private. For out of state school, private are generally a little easier to get into since they don't have to accept +70% instate students.