Looking for some moral support, though I know we're all going through the same struggles right now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bestestmench

Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry if this comes off as self-victimizing, just trying to vent to like-minded people.

I just got my second waitlist from another school I had an amazing interview day at. Of course many people would love to be in my position (2 waitlists, no acceptance yet) but I'm just extremely frustrated today. I'm a reapplicant and at this point there's not much more I can improve application wise (mediocre student with an upward trend and great CV), so I know I won't be reapplying again. Coming off the end of my 2nd gap year and many life experiences in the middle. Feeling drained while also trying to remain hopeful and happy that I even made it this far, considering my prospects a few years ago.

Love and luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I'm 4/4 on post interview-WLs this cycle so I feel your pain. I'm in reapp mode at the moment but still holding out hope that one of those WLs will turn into an A

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, sorry if this comes off as self-victimizing, just trying to vent to like-minded people.

I just got my second waitlist from another school I had an amazing interview day at. Of course many people would love to be in my position (2 waitlists, no acceptance yet) but I'm just extremely frustrated today. I'm a reapplicant and at this point there's not much more I can improve application wise (mediocre student with an upward trend and great CV), so I know I won't be reapplying again. Coming off the end of my 2nd gap year and many life experiences in the middle. Feeling drained while also trying to remain hopeful and happy that I even made it this far, considering my prospects a few years ago.

Love and luck to all.
Maybe this is a stupid question, but, since you received IIs and did well on interviews, why wouldn't you try to get some feedback from the WL schools, add more schools to the list, and give it another shot assuming you don't get an A this cycle? You are clearly well qualified and desirable enough for at least a few schools to spend resources interviewing and then not rejecting outright. If luck of the draw causes you to come this close and be unable to close the deal, why not try again?

Reactions: 1 users

Love and luck to all.

There's no denying that this whole process is brutal--from the slew of rejections to waitlists. But hang in there, don't lose hope. You've come close--very close. There's a chance yet you could get that A. Anecdotally, it seems like a ton of people are on waitlists this year.

But even if you don't get in this cycle, take heart! If your CV is otherwise great except for grades, why not try an SMP, as someone else suggested? These forums are full of stories of people who got in on the 3rd or even 4th cycle and went on to become great doctors.

Reactions: 1 user
Lots of waitlist movement in April and over the summer. We have several students every year sleeping on current students couches because we pulled them.off waitlist 2 days before classes. Keep the faith, but always work on plan B becaus only 40% get the admission letter. Good luck and best wishes!

Reactions: 6 users
I’m in the same situation... 3 post II waitlist one deferral and waiting to hear from one more. It’s tough!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user