Looking for validation/advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

effectedtag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I guess I am just looking for someone to comment and give me some advice or some validation.

I test on April 23.

I am about halfway done with Uworld questions and have not yet touched the AAMC material.

I have gotten a 506 on the AAMC sample (self-scored) and a 507 on the Next Step Fl 1.

I am looking to get a 512+ with a dream goal of 515.

I plan to use the last month focusing on AAMC material. Am I on my way or should I be doing something different?

Members don't see this ad.

I can tell you what my students who are taking the exam in four to six weeks are doing leading up to the exam.

1) Passages with Questions
2) Analyzing those questions and throughly working through the detailed answer explanations
3) More Passages with Questions
4) Analyzing those questions and throughly working through the detailed answer explanations
5) Even More Passages with Questions
6) Analyzing those questions and throughly working through the detailed answer explanations
7) AAMC Practice Exams
8) Analyzing those questions and coming to office hours for detailed answer discussion

Your plan looks to include passages and questions, so that is good. Just make sure you take time to thoroughly review and analyze the questions afterwards and you'll do great.

Reactions: 2 users
Seems like you are well on your way!

Keep doing passage questions and make sure to review all the answers your get correct and incorrect.

Just a small tip: I would also add to try to figure out why you are getting questions wrong. It could be that you did not understand what the question was asking or it could be that you do not know the content or it could be that you need strategies for reading the passages. Whatever the reason try to figure that part out and fix that issue.

Good luck in April!

Reactions: 1 users
Not a professional like the 2 people above, but I am a current medical student. I would start the AAMC material- I found it most similar to the actual MCATs and I regretted not getting through all those practice Q banks. Definitely thoroughly go through why you got each question wrong- I found its much more analysis than content memorization (which I'm sure you probably know at this point)

you got this!

Reactions: 1 user
I used NextStep for practice exams as well. I thought it was pretty similar to the real exam.
However, I got 3-4 points higher on the MCAT than the highest score I had gotten on the practice NextStep.

Reactions: 1 user