AAMC FL retake validity after 3 months !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m22499

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the AAMC FL in April before my May exam, and I want to retake them now but I'm not sure about the validity of my new score. I'm wondering if anyone here retook AAMC FL!!

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on how thoroughly you’ve reviewed the tests before and how much time has passed. For three months and assuming you reviewed the test, I would expect a 1-2 point increase per section but this can vary. Remembering five questions consciously or subconsciously in the 125 score range could bump you to a 126, but those same 5 questions could bump your score from a 130 to a 132*, so it’s hard to predict. This isn’t to say that you shouldn’t retake the test but that using it as a predictor of how you may score is a bit less clear. For retakes I tend to encourage folks to look at the trend of their scores across multiple practice tests.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't really recommend it unless you can without a shadow of a doubt say that you complete forgot every single portion of that test. I took FL1 when i started out, about idk six months later I decided to retake it since I thought I forgot it, Though yes I didn't remember most, there were passages from every section that immediately came back to memory and definitely ended up skewing my score.

Reactions: 1 user