Looking Forward to my First Interview at Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UFC Gladiator

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm really excited and nervous about my first interview this cycle at Pittsburgh. I've heard that the interview is pretty laid back and that the admins are really nice. Does anyone else have any additional advice or insight that would help me prepare for this interview? Also, how long does it take to travel from the school back to the airport via public transportation? Thank you and congrats to everyone who have been accepted this cycle :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! I'm really excited and nervous about my first interview this cycle at Pittsburgh. I've heard that the interview is pretty laid back and that the admins are really nice. Does anyone else have any additional advice or insight that would help me prepare for this interview? Also, how long does it take to travel from the school back to the airport via public transportation? Thank you and congrats to everyone who have been accepted this cycle :luck:

The interview was great. It was very conversational with some good questions. I really liked the school, very professional atmosphere during the interview. They treat you well with brunch at the club level of their basektball stadium. The school is right in the heart of the university. You have nothing to worry about, just relax. The bus system in Pittsburgh is pretty horrible so Id recommend taking a taxi. When I interviewed, i had to call a private car because the taxi never showed up. It had something to do with no taxi cab would pick up the call because it wasnt high money enough. So I recommend staying in a hotel close to the school. I was like ten minutes late to my interview but its a big group and no one really noticed.

Best of luck.

Stay at the Hampton Inn, it's like ten minute walk to the school and they do offer morning ride right on time for the interview if you want to and it was like the best hotel out of all my interviews.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Take the 28X from the airport. It's around $2.80 I believe. Have exact change. It takes about 45 min from the airport, but will drop you off in the heart of Oakland. Ask the bus driver which stop is closest to the hotel you're staying in.

It's a lot cheaper than a $40 taxi ride in, unless you want to support our local economy.

Most of the hotels that Rose listed in Oakland have a free shuttle service that will drop you off within a mile or two of the hotel. Call them to verify.

Good luck on your interview.

UFC,

Can I ask what your stats are?