LOR before application opens??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsdoitbama

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well it's about that time to get LOR's :rolleyes:, but with the application not opening until June 1, seems like a hassle to make them write it before they can even submit, so what they'll just keep it on their computer until I tell AADSAS to email them June 1? Or does that just make it an easy way to say "you have until June 1 to write this for me"?

Members don't see this ad.

Well it's about that time to get LOR's :rolleyes:, but with the application not opening until June 1, seems like a hassle to make them write it before they can even submit, so what they'll just keep it on their computer until I tell AADSAS to email them June 1? Or does that just make it an easy way to say "you have until June 1 to write this for me"?

Well... I was collecting my LORs for about 2 years prior to applying.... Everytime I finished a class and had a good relationship with a professor, I asked him/her for LOR, and had them upload it in my interfolio.com

Some people do it differently, they'll ask for LOR, and tell the professor to hold on to it on their PC until Early June and have the professor submit it electronically to AADSAS..... I personally didn't wanna do this because I didn't trust some of the professors lol, they were procrastinators.

Either option is good, but the most important thing is to REQUEST THE LOR ASAP. Its almost April, you better get on it.

IT IS NOT A HASSLE! Do what dentalworks said and get them to write it ASAP!

Professors are busy and write a lot of these. Many of them have a list of letters to write and it will take them some time to get to all of them. Talk to them as soon as you can...See if they are backed up...explain to them what you need it for and by when you need it...They expect you to come early because they have done this before (most of them atleast) :thumbup:

Oh yikes I didn't quite realize june is creeping up on us here. Is it pretty typical to give them a resume and personal statement(which I haven't written yet), or since they're just speaking on your classroom performance do they not need this information for anything?

And sorry for all the questions but I was kind of counting on getting one from a teacher I'm taking this semester...but only half the class is done and I have exactly 90%. Should I just stay away from this and go to someone else I already got an A in?

Last edited: