• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2001
Cali
So after my ICU rotation I asked the attending if he would write me a LOR and he agreed (happily it seemed). A week later I went to his office and dropped off my CV and a thank you card.. its been about 3 months now and I havent heard back from him yet. He's a super nice guy and I dont think he hesitated when I asked him for a LOR because I busted my ass that month on ICU....

Whats the best way to check up on a LOR from an attending (to see if its complete, not to read it or anything).. if not completed whats the best way to remind an attending about it?

Thanks

tco

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I would think that sending him an email as a friendly reminder wouldn't be offensive, especially if you two got along very well.

About the Ads

Droopy Snoopy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
The Alamo
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So after my ICU rotation I asked the attending if he would write me a LOR and he agreed (happily it seemed). A week later I went to his office and dropped off my CV and a thank you card.. its been about 3 months now and I havent heard back from him yet. He's a super nice guy and I dont think he hesitated when I asked him for a LOR because I busted my ass that month on ICU....

Whats the best way to check up on a LOR from an attending (to see if its complete, not to read it or anything).. if not completed whats the best way to remind an attending about it?

Thanks

Yeah just an email should work, might want to throw something in there like "Thanks again for..." and attach an electronic copy of your CV. You shouldn't take it personally; intensivists are extremely busy people in the main, and honestly I would have recommended sending monthly reminders instead of nervously waiting for 3 whole months.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.