LoR from Dentist not on letterhead

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datschool

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dentist said that he doesn't have a letterhead. He said he just typed my rec in a Word doc and submitted it like that, without any fancy things like a handwritten signature or letter head. Will dental schools care?

Members don't see this ad.

I would explain the importance of a letterhead and offer to create one for him. I created one for the dentist who wrote mine.

UPenn and Indiana definitely care.

Members don't see this ad :)
TMDSAS absolutely do not accept without letterhead. How do I know? They returned one of my letters telling me i need to have letterhead.

How do I know if my dentist has a letter head or not?

How do I know if my dentist has a letter head or not?
Unfortunately we forfeit the right to view our letters. So unless your dentist sent you their letter through a personal email, you will not be able to view it.

Unfortunately we forfeit the right to view our letters. So unless your dentist sent you their letter through a personal email, you will not be able to view it.

yeah, exactly my thinking, how would people know and I find it kinda rude to ask my dentist hey, by the way, do you have a letterhead!
haha

yeah, exactly my thinking, how would people know and I find it kinda rude to ask my dentist hey, by the way, do you have a letterhead!
haha
All 4 of my letters were missing something. Either a signature or an official letterhead and I had issues with UPenn and Indiana. I told them that it's unfair because we cannot see our letters before we send them. They just told me that I should have communicated with my evaluators that I needed a signature and a letterhead before they submitted their letters. Fortunately, I was able to contact my letter writers and correct the issues. But it was a pain in the ass.

All 4 of my letters were missing something. Either a signature or an official letterhead and I had issues with UPenn and Indiana. I told them that it's unfair because we cannot see our letters before we send them. They just told me that I should have communicated with my evaluators that I needed a signature and a letterhead before they submitted their letters. Fortunately, I was able to contact my letter writers and correct the issues. But it was a pain in the ass.

May I ask, who returned the letters? Because i asked my 2 science recommenders (last minute) to place on letterhead and sign. One of them even said, it doesn't matters, but if you think it would help, then I will. He isn't mean or anything, he just stated that he has, in the past, written letter w/o letterhead. So, hopefully my 2 science recommenders placed their letters on letterhead. Also, my dentist 100% did not put on letterhead, bc he told me same thing as OP. And my research professor, at another school would be classified as research professor/employer per some school requirements.

May I ask, who returned the letters? Because i asked my 2 science recommenders (last minute) to place on letterhead and sign. One of them even said, it doesn't matters, but if you think it would help, then I will. He isn't mean or anything, he just stated that he has, in the past, written letter w/o letterhead. So, hopefully my 2 science recommenders placed their letters on letterhead. Also, my dentist 100% did not put on letterhead, bc he told me same thing as OP. And my research professor, at another school would be classified as research professor/employer per some school requirements.
UPenn emailed me that they were missing my letters of recommendation