LoR from PhD candidate turned to Associate professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took 2 courses with this sessional instructor and he was a PhD student at the time. I looked back a few months ago and saw that he graduated his PhD and is now an Associate Professor at a different university, I asked him for a letter now that he's a prof and he agreed to write me one, will this be accepted as he taught me when he was a phd student? When writing me a letter and putting an official letterhead, would he need to put the letterhead of the university he taught me at or his current university that he's teaching at?

Members don't see this ad.

Since the former "instructor" is no longer associated with the previous university, he should not/cannot use any letterheads from his previous association.

Reactions: 1 user
Since the former "instructor" is no longer associated with the previous university, he should not/cannot use any letterheads from his previous association.
I actually have received a letter from him and he says he included the letterhead from the previous university. Will uploading this letter be considered bad and get me automatically rejected once schools find out? In that case, is it possible to have him change that letterhead to the university he teaches at currently even though he did not teach me there?

I actually have received a letter from him and he says he included the letterhead from the previous university. Will uploading this letter be considered bad and get me automatically rejected once schools find out? In that case, is it possible to have him change that letterhead to the university he teaches at currently even though he did not teach me there?
This won't be a negative against you, and I doubt that the LOR police are going to chase your reference down. To my knowledge, no jobs have been lost due to inappropriate letterhead.

Reactions: 1 user