LOR Issue: signature typed not handwritten

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

A P

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Hoping someone can provide me some guidance. 3 of my letters were flagged as having signature issues with the interfolio quality check. I called and they said the letters had a signature but it was a digital typed signature. For what it's worth person on the phone said that in their experience this is typically fine (but I'm not sure I can trust this being reliable), does anyone have insight into this?

Thank you.

Edit: Seems like schools don't clarify for the most part and it seems acceptable, but just wanted to verify as it's a stressor for me currently. As long as there is a signature of some sort its fine? Looks like interfolio is just pretty strict with reviewing?
 
Hi,

Hoping someone can provide me some guidance. 3 of my letters were flagged as having signature issues with the interfolio quality check. I called and they said the letters had a signature but it was a digital typed signature. For what it's worth person on the phone said that in their experience this is typically fine (but I'm not sure I can trust this being reliable), does anyone have insight into this?

Thank you.

Edit: Seems like schools don't clarify for the most part and it seems acceptable, but just wanted to verify as it's a stressor for me currently. As long as there is a signature of some sort its fine? Looks like interfolio is just pretty strict with reviewing?
Suggest you check with the medical school admissions offices to determine if those 3 flagged LORs are required to have a "digital signature" (as opposed to a "digital-typed" signature). What do those medical schools require: digital signature or digital-typed signature?

A digital signature creates a unique, secure and verifiable signature, using encryption technology - it is supposed to offer a higher level of assurance about the letter's authenticity.