LOR Problem- Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredrcrawfor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I submitted 2 letters via interfolio to TMDSAS- tonight I got an email that said the letters were received but were unofficial because while they are confidential neither letter was on letterhead and one of the people didn't use the electronic signature.

Anyone have problems with these things with other schools?

I was thinking about just having those two professors print and mail for TMDSAS but I just don't know if I am going to run into problems down the road.

Members don't see this ad.

So I submitted 2 letters via interfolio to TMDSAS- tonight I got an email that said the letters were received but were unofficial because while they are confidential neither letter was on letterhead and one of the people didn't use the electronic signature.

Anyone have problems with these things with other schools?

I was thinking about just having those two professors print and mail for TMDSAS but I just don't know if I am going to run into problems down the road.
I had several LORs sent in; I'm sure they aren't all on official letterheard (though I haven't seen any); no one said anything like youbheard. I'm sure they are still ok. Who is saying it's not official?? I really doubt all my LOR people figured out electronic signature!!!!

Well I applied to Texas schools through their service and they said they weren't official because of that- I am keeping interfolio but I am frustrated because one of my letter writers is out of town leading a summer class abroad and to print on official letter head isn't happening!

Members don't see this ad :)
TMDSAS does indeed require letterhead and signature on letters for them to be considered "official." Some other institutions have similar requirements as well, but since many institutions do not Interfolio does not place a signature or letterhead requirement on letters. If you know that some of the schools to which you are applying require these things, please let your writers know so they can take steps to make sure the letters are official.

Interfolio offers a couple tools for writers who want to upload letters electronically but need a digital copy of their signature - Fax2Sig and Mouse2Sig. Information about both is located in their free writer's account. They can also use a scanned copy of their signature that they may already have or can scan a physical copy of the letter onto their computer if they have easy access to a scanner.

Just as a reminder, they can also send us the physical copy of their letter to our office and we will scan and upload it for them. We try to provide as many options as possible for writers to get their letters online for you.

Best,
Jack

Help Center for Letter Writers: https://www.interfolio.com/helpcenter/index.cfm/lw

Help Center for File Holders: https://www.interfolio.com/helpcenter/index.cfm/fh

Heh, this is why after each of my letters was received by Interfolio, I contacted them using their little "contact us" tool asking if my letter was on letterhead and contained a signature. They were very prompt in getting back to me saying they were.

...Annnnd I just realized I replied to a month old thread. This is what I get for not noticing I was looking at a "search results" page and not the main pre-allo page.

TMDSAS does indeed require letterhead and signature on letters for them to be considered "official." Some other institutions have similar requirements as well, but since many institutions do not Interfolio does not place a signature or letterhead requirement on letters. If you know that some of the schools to which you are applying require these things, please let your writers know so they can take steps to make sure the letters are official.

Interfolio offers a couple tools for writers who want to upload letters electronically but need a digital copy of their signature - Fax2Sig and Mouse2Sig. Information about both is located in their free writer's account. They can also use a scanned copy of their signature that they may already have or can scan a physical copy of the letter onto their computer if they have easy access to a scanner.

Just as a reminder, they can also send us the physical copy of their letter to our office and we will scan and upload it for them. We try to provide as many options as possible for writers to get their letters online for you.

Best,
Jack

Help Center for Letter Writers: https://www.interfolio.com/helpcenter/index.cfm/lw

Help Center for File Holders: https://www.interfolio.com/helpcenter/index.cfm/fh

So if our LOR writers send a physical letter to Interfolio, they will have official acceptable signatures?

I realize the outdatedness of the thread, but I hope "Jack Gaynor" will respond. Why does Interfolio not recommend the e-signature in all email requests sent to the professors if it is a commonly requested thing? I'm using Interfolio and am just curious.