LoR question for adcoms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yuhh

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all. so long story less long, im an MA during my gap year and by boss/doctor loves me. we have an amazing relationship. i know he will write me such a great LoR. However, if i send an LoR to AMCAS, will that push my application back on the queue at schools? I sent my pre med committee letter but never any individual LoR’s

Members don't see this ad.

hello all. so long story less long, im an MA during my gap year and by boss/doctor loves me. we have an amazing relationship. i know he will write me such a great LoR. However, if i send an LoR to AMCAS, will that push my application back on the queue at schools? I sent my pre med committee letter but never any individual LoR’s
All clinician LORs are like this

Members don't see this ad :)
It could push you back as you are requesting that a new letter be evaluated and added to your overall evaluation. That means you could be removed from review queue, put back in eval, and then back in at bottom of review queue pile
oh man, so I shouldn’t send it in? it was easily be the best LoR I would have but i don’t wanna delay things further :/

it will hinder my app review time even though my LoR would be great?

More that there are basically no negative physician letters so the fact your letter is very positive won't have as much of an impact as you may think

Reactions: 1 user
More that there are basically no negative physician letters so the fact your letter is very positive won't have as much of an impact as you may think
i just feel like this LoR will be able to speak to my true character instead of the simple generic letters

i just feel like this LoR will be able to speak to my true character instead of the simple generic letters

You are free to submit it but again, even if it's positive, very rarely is a physician letter NOT positive so it carries less weight at the risk of being kicked lower in the pile at some schools. I would personally reserve this for waitlist decisions

Reactions: 2 users
You are free to submit it but again, even if it's positive, very rarely is a physician letter NOT positive so it carries less weight at the risk of being kicked lower in the pile at some schools. I would personally reserve this for waitlist decisions
yes that’s what i was thinking too. wait and just send to my waitlisted schools