LOR - science professor but also lab PI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

foreverlearner02

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm receiving a rec letter from a professor I had for an online summer ex phys class in which I received a 3.5/4.0. Following that class, I did research under him during my senior year and our relationship really evolved from that interaction. If I am using him to satisfy a letter of rec requirement from a science professor, is it a must that he mention my performance in his class or is it okay for him to just talk about my involvement in the lab? If not, to what extent should he discuss my performance in the class?
 
It would be nice to cover both. If you use his letter to satisfy the science letter, then ask him to emphasize your performance in the class.