Lor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hckyplyr

My fighting days are over
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the application procedure. Since AMCAS doesn't open till May 8th now, I don't really know how to go about the LOR. Can I ask my teachers now to write one for me, or do they have to follow a guideline/specific questions that amcas will ask them? I didn't know if they could just write a letter, or if they have to answer specific criteria. Could they length be anything they want as well?

Also, should I automatically tell my teachers to write it on official letterhead and sign it, while also including my amcas ID?

Thanks all..Best of luck this coming cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, go ahead and ask your professors to begin writing as soon as possible. I would've asked a while back to allow more time. But you'll be fine.

Yes, ask them to print it on official letter head with a hand written signature. You don't need to ask them to include your AMCAS number, as you'll be able to print out an accompanying form that they can use to mail it in or submit via scanning online. They'll know what to do as far as content. There's no outline.

Good luck!