LORs - All Female!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anumama

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I was emailing all the professors/volunteer coordinators I want to get LOR from and realized that all but one of them is a female (Im a guy btw)! I was wondering if this could be a bad thing--but before you gals get all angry I am not trying to imply anything about women here. I am just concerned that the adcoms may think that I am unable to interact with guys for some reason. I wouldnt want that to negatively affect my application... or maybe Ill just look like a pimp? :p

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, you are joking right :laugh: Haha, no need to overthink your app.

yeah dude, you'll never get in anywhere now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

So I was emailing all the professors/volunteer coordinators I want to get LOR from and realized that all but one of them is a female (Im a guy btw)! I was wondering if this could be a bad thing--but before you gals get all angry I am not trying to imply anything about women here. I am just concerned that the adcoms may think that I am unable to interact with guys for some reason. I wouldnt want that to negatively affect my application... or maybe Ill just look like a pimp? :p

pimp!!! maybe a younger interviewer will feel threatened by your womenly skillz!

yeah, a guy interviewer would totally reject you dude, rip them up and rewrite them yourself, convert names like alexandra to alex!!!

haha I'm the opposite. I'm a female, and 4 out of my 5 LOR's are from males.

Hey guys,

Do you have any blacks or hispanics in there? You don't want adcoms to think you're racist.

lol, all my recs were from men except one, and that one was a purely academic one (aka based solely on my grade in her class), but it just worked out that way since my anatomy/physio prof was a guy, and the prof I knew the best (who wrote my major rec) was also a guy...and my director at work was also a guy...

Anyways, don't overthink it, nobody cares lol.

I am just concerned that the adcoms may think that I am unable to interact with guys for some reason. I wouldnt want that to negatively affect my application...

This is why all the adcoms read SDN and laugh at how neurotic we all are. ;)

I had three men and three women. I probably got into school because I had such a nice balance.

OP, I think you'll be okay.

Hey guys,

Ah! God save me med school class from neurotic Premeds!!!

I am just concerned that the adcoms may think that I am unable to interact with guys for some reason. I wouldnt want that to negatively affect my application... or maybe Ill just look like a pimp?

I don't know, should we worry about your ability to interact with men, or your attitude towards women? :eek:

I never even considered that aspect. Seriously, though, you are overthinking this process considerably. My advice would be to stop thinking about applying to medical school every minute and go out and have some fun.

Do you have any blacks or hispanics in there? You don't want adcoms to think you're racist.

I'm also anti-segregation, so I made sure that my LOR writers were all mixed-race and androgynous.

I'm also anti-segregation, so I made sure that my LOR writers were all mixed-race and androgynous.

Don't forget to get one from a Christian, a Jewish, a Muslim, and throw in one of the Asian religions for more diversity (Buddhist, Hindu, etc).

So, let's see, so far we've agreed that you need:

Hispanic
African-American
West Asian
East Asian
Caucasian

Christian
Jewish
Muslim
Buddhist/Hindu

Male
Female

Heterosexual
Homosexual

anything else?

hahaha i get the point. thanks guys... i think im just freaking out about getting my mcat score back and since theres nothing i can do till may 16th, all that anxiety is being transferred into the app process.

Hey guys,

Your demonstrated lack of committment to diversity will almost certainly prevent you from getting in. Sexism is no longer tolerated in modern medicine, and the adcoms will certainly see you as a bad candidate.

Just explain it in your personal statement. Somewhere along the lines of "I love all races, all religions, all genders, all sexual orientations and all species, and that contributed to my dedication to becoming a doctor."

Just explain it in your personal statement. Somewhere along the lines of "I love all races, all religions, all genders, all sexual orientations, and that contributed to my dedication to becoming a doctor."

Don't forget all species!

They might wonder what he did to get those LOR's;)

Hey guys,

In the spirit of Wendy Williams: "HOW YOU DOIN!!!!!!!!!!!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey guys,

Ironically, there would NEVER be a post from somebody saying "All my LORs are from men, is that ok?"

Gah. :mad: