LOR's for Atlantic Bridge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
I'm thinking of applying to Trinity and was wondering how LOR's work through Atlantic Bridge. Do they take our composite letters or do we need separate letters from referees? I'm applying to a school in Enlgand and need to request separate letters for that. I wanted to request the ones for Trinity at the same time if need be. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Lola,
I had each of my 3 recommenders send their letters directly to the AB office in Cali. I don't remember the AB program having a provision for a composite letter,however I may be mistaken :)
cheers,
S

Hey Lola,
It indicates in this years application instructions that you can have a composite letter sent. That is what I am doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh, is the application available now? i'll have to check their website again. last time i looked they said to check back in the fall.

Lola,
The website will still say that it is not available. Call A.B. directly and they will send you an application.
JMD

My school gathers all the letters of recommendations together (I had 3) and sent them all at once, collectively. It wasn't a problem. Usually they say their applications are open after September 15th, but if they're sending by mail subsequently to a phone call, go for it :)

they mailed me my atlantic bridge app today. yay!

Lola:

Some friendly advice...

Make sure the state you intend to practice in accepts and recognizes the degree from Trinity before you decide to go. A girl in my class at Ross transferred from a school in England (can't remember which one, but I'll ask her if you really want to know) because California did not recognize the program she was in. As a result, she lost an entire year - tuition included - because she had to retake everything once she got here (i.e., she transferred in as a First Year, not a Second). Needless to say, California does recognize Ross.

-Skip Intro
MS2 Ross University
Portsmouth, Dominica

Skip,
I don't think that recognition is a problem for any of the Ireland schools through A.B. I could be wrong, but I know most states recognize them, and I am assuming Cali does because the Atlantic Bridge Office is located there.

I'll definitely look into it, but like I said, I think med. degrees from Irish schools are fully recognized.

JMD

Originally posted by Skip Intro
Lola:

Some friendly advice...

Make sure the state you intend to practice in accepts and recognizes the degree from Trinity before you decide to go. A girl in my class at Ross transferred from a school in England (can't remember which one, but I'll ask her if you really want to know) because California did not recognize the program she was in. As a result, she lost an entire year - tuition included - because she had to retake everything once she got here (i.e., she transferred in as a First Year, not a Second). Needless to say, California does recognize Ross.

-Skip Intro
MS2 Ross University
Portsmouth, Dominica

Whoa...thanks for the tip! That's too bad she had to repeat a year :( I will definitely look into this should I decide to go to a foreign school.
The MCAT didn't go too well in August, at least I don't think it did... don't know for sure, and my boyfriend is Irish and out of U.S.visas to apply for, so I have decided to apply to Oxford and Trinity since they don't require the MCAT and my other credentials are very good.