LORs sent through AACOMAS not being verified in secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamilton3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Through AACOMAS I have sent along a committee letter from my school (including a letter from a MD that I shadowed) along with a separate letter from a DO in support of my application.

In every secondary that I have completed I see a big red X mark through letters of recommendation while everything else has a nice green check other than the application complete. I received an e-mail from ATSU saying that my letters do not meet their requirement for a DO or MD letter shadowed in a clinical practice and I'm not sure why because I shadowed the MD in his office many times and it is included as an activity on my AACOMAS.

Any advice on what is going on or how to rectify the situation would be great. Could this be a lack of letterhead or signature or something?

Members don't see this ad.

Call them immediately. There's no way anyone on here could know what's up versus an admissions program coordinator. I know for one school it took a while for my updated LoRs to get confirmed but still, just ring them up first chance you get.