Louisiana State University C/O 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey did any other OOS alternates get an email saying what your rank is? I got one at midnight but I’m wondering if it was a glitch or something

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@Red147 and @2023 DVM

I know we are a month away from interviews and I am sure they will be sending more details. But do either of you know how the tone/style of the interview is? I have interviewed with MsState already this year and it had an extremely conversational vibe and was curious if LSU was similar in that aspect?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Do you happen to know if anyone got pulled from the waitlist last year for OOS?
Yes quite a few were pulled from waitlist but I don’t recall how many! I think 2 IS and maybe 20+ out of state? But I think the number varies quite a lot year to year.

@Red147 and @2023 DVM

I know we are a month away from interviews and I am sure they will be sending more details. But do either of you know how the tone/style of the interview is? I have interviewed with MsState already this year and it had an extremely conversational vibe and was curious if LSU was similar in that aspect?

It was very short about 15-30 minutes. I was interviewed by 2 professors, some were interviewed by an alumn and a professor. It normally starts off with a “tell us about you” kind of thing and then jumps from there. It was short but definitely prepare for it! There were some question examples around SDN and Google I believe.

Those who got interviews, what are you doing to prep? Getting nerves😂

Those who got interviews, what are you doing to prep? Getting nerves😂
Mock interview at my school. Googling questions and thinking of what I would say, really focusing on how I would answer strength/weakness questions. Youtube videos. Also, make sure you have a couple of questions to ask the interviewers, like tell me more about this specific club...ect. Heres a few sample questions: Preparing for Interviews (Ask a Vet Student)

@Red147 and @2023 DVM

Hi I am a current 3rd year, Arkansas resident. Not sure how different it will be having interviews over zoom, but the first question will definitely be "tell me about yourself" so just be prepared for that! Everything else for me personally was extremely conversational, and I kind of drove the direction of the conversation based upon the things I talked about while telling them about myself. I also interviewed at MS State, and the interview at LSU was eonssss better.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone send in their fall transcripts and if you sent them in, did anything on your status page change?

Hi I am a current 3rd year, Arkansas resident. Not sure how different it will be having interviews over zoom, but the first question will definitely be "tell me about yourself" so just be prepared for that! Everything else for me personally was extremely conversational, and I kind of drove the direction of the conversation based upon the things I talked about while telling them about myself. I also interviewed at MS State, and the interview at LSU was eonssss better.
should our response to “tell me about yourself” be descriptive and in a detail about the things we have done or do they prefer a concise summary that that the conversation can then build on.

Members don't see this ad :)
should our response to “tell me about yourself” be descriptive and in a detail about the things we have done or do they prefer a concise summary that that the conversation can then build on.
I was more concise about it, I wouldn't be so in detail that you go over 5-6min cause by then it's about time to move on. My interview ended up being over 30 minutes long because of the conversation that stemmed from that! If you have any more questions you can message me!

Will be turning down my OOS spot! Hopefully someone can get off the waitlist soon

Reactions: 3 users
I wish they told us over valentines day weekend like they had the last few years..... just waiting and waiting and waiting, they are my last school before I make my final decision

Reactions: 2 users
I wish they told us over valentines day weekend like they had the last few years..... just waiting and waiting and waiting, they are my last school before I make my final decision
Me too. I just want to know. This has been the longest month ever.

Just so y’all know campus have been closed all week- and will be closed again tomorrow :/.

do y’all think decisions will be out on monday?

They told us last year Feb 18th but I know they spaced out interviews more this year :/. I would tell you all not to drive yourself mad over it but I did the same thing- so just know the wait is almost over!!

To any OOS waitlist folks, just wanted to let ya'll know I'll be turning down my spot in favor of my IS soon as I get the deposit down, so a spot for OOS should be opening up

Can any current students talk about what they like/ don't like about LSU's curriculum? Or even just the school in general, any insight helps :)

IS ACCEPTED

Reactions: 6 users
IS alternate. I will be pulling myself off the alternate list because I will be attending elsewhere. Congrats to everyone who was accepted/waitlisted. And good luck to those reapplying!!! Don't give up!

IS ACCEPTED and still in shock! For those that did not get in, reapply and never give up! I am a multiple time applicant and started this journey in 2016!

does anyone know if the class is bigger this year/ # of seats?

Incredibly dumb question, but I've been looking around for where to decline my OOS seat and for the life of my I cannot find it. For UGA it was wrapped up in their payment letter, you checked a box declining and that was that, but I don't see anything similar on LSU's portal? Any OOS folks who know where I need to go? I'd like to decline as soon as I can so that the OOS waitlist can get some movement.

Incredibly dumb question, but I've been looking around for where to decline my OOS seat and for the life of my I cannot find it. For UGA it was wrapped up in their payment letter, you checked a box declining and that was that, but I don't see anything similar on LSU's portal? Any OOS folks who know where I need to go? I'd like to decline as soon as I can so that the OOS waitlist can get some movement.
I just emailed them and told them I was declining my seat.

Has any OOS student received any email regarding how to set up your myLSU account? I was wanting to check my financial aid packet, but I haven’t been instructed on how to set up my account yet.

This is so bittersweet cause I LOVE LSU, but debt is real. I just declined my oos seat. Hope someone gets a call soon.

Best of luck guys ! You got this !

• Care