Oregon State 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Has anyone looked at the Casper page to book a test for Oregon state? I’ve checked multiple times and it isn’t an option. Their website says it should’ve been available May 15th
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was thinking about taking the GRE has anyone else done this before? Is it worth it? This will be my 3rd year applying and I SOOO want to get in.
 
I was thinking about taking the GRE has anyone else done this before? Is it worth it? This will be my 3rd year applying and I SOOO want to get in.
does your science GPA warrant you to take it? it says on their website that you can submit it if you feel it is a better indicator of your academic performance compared to your science GPA. look at their admission stats for previous years and if you have a solid GPA i wouldn’t bother with it.
 
In previous years IS applicants interviewed in January, but I cant find anything on their website about interviews this year. As of next year they are also requiring CASPER. I wonder if there will be no interviews this year 🤨
 
In previous years IS applicants interviewed in January, but I cant find anything on their website about interviews this year. As of next year they are also requiring CASPER. I wonder if there will be no interviews this year 🤨
In the invite-to-application-portal email that was sent when OSU received your application gives a timeline and includes the tentative interview schedule as well: “Our application review process will begin in October and admission decisions for non-resident and WICHE applicants will be sent via the applicant portal in late December or early January. Interviews (for select Oregon residents only) will take place in January 2026 and interview invitations will be sent in December via the applicant portal”.
 
Does anyone know why OSU might have decided not to do in state interviews anymore? Is this normal?
I have no idea. I heard that Tess Collins is no longer heading the admissions process anymore. I wonder if they’re just shifting their whole admissions process now. It’ll be interesting though
 
Does anyone know does oregon state require transcripts for fall 2025? If so, do we send it to a certain place?
No, I'm pretty sure they don't. When I asked them to waive a transcript for a course I wouldn't complete before the VMCAS deadline they told me I would not have to submit it unless I was accepted
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently looking at used cars to buy... we'll see how the news affects my spending decision (my poor prius only has 183000 miles but has become increasingly unreliable and I'd rather spend the money now than when I have no income in vet school).
 
I am losing my mind with anxiety… as an IS applicant I was expecting interviews to happen first and now they are ripping the bandaid off so much sooner 😅
Yeah, I feel that. The waiting game is torture. I guess with no interviews I feel like they will be taking more consideration towards other aspects of our app. I know that OSU has stated they choose applicants based on a wholistic approach. For IS applicant, since they aren’t doing interviews, that previous grading factor might have switched to evaluating us more on our personal statements and essays. Im assuming they are weighting them more than before where previously the interview held a good percentage of our overall applicant score.
 
Yeah, I feel that. The waiting game is torture. I guess with no interviews I feel like they will be taking more consideration towards other aspects of our app. I know that OSU has stated they choose applicants based on a wholistic approach. For IS applicant, since they aren’t doing interviews, that previous grading factor might have switched to evaluating us more on our personal statements and essays. Im assuming they are weighting them more than before where previously the interview held a good percentage of our overall applicant score.
That is a really great perspective. Makes me feel better thinking that our written materials might hold more weight.
 
I know how awful the waiting game feels for you guys! I was really appreciative of Oregon being so quick to release decisions last year (at least for OOS) when it felt like so many schools weren’t doing so until the end of January or later so I hope you guys get your news soon!! I have really liked the school so far & Corvallis and will be excited to see you all come September 😊
 
Is it historically end of day they email /update portal with OOS decisions? Wondering if I need to frantically refresh all day tomorrow or if I can wait until 4pm lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sending you all good wishes as you wait for decisions! I'm a second year at Oregon State and happy to answer any questions you might have 🙂
 
Not sure if you were made aware of this when you applied but OSU has a new admissions person in charge and they changed a lot of requirements and deadlines with releasing information on acceptances. I wouldn't stress and be refreshing that portal page as they always send an email when the decision is made. That being said I don't think you can rely on past years since that was before a lot of the big changes were made. The admissions officer did say that they were coming out "soon" so take that with a grain of salt
 
Early Jan until the 15th 😛

GIF by Nani
 
What does everyone’s portal say? Mine says under review and didn’t know if this is normal while they’re looking through everyone’s applications.
 
Mine also says “under review”! I’m assuming it updated to “under review” once they received your VMCAS and LORs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad