Loupes ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ysunflowermd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

The Loupe reps are coming to the school in few days I was wondering which one of the following ones are more reputable with reasonable prices plus warranty?

Qoptics
Orascoptic
Sergatel
Design for vision

There are some that are fixed to the lenses, some are flip ups yet some have LED lights in them etc etc

Please advice

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Experience with orascoptic and DFV. Both reputable companies. I have no complaints about my customer service experience with either, but, I also haven't had issues with my loupes. In the end, I liked DFV loupes better (buddy holly frames, 3.5x EF). Get the light if they offer you a package deal. Otherwise, visit lumadent.com for a stellar light at a bargain price!

Hup

i say make sure you shop around first but try to buy it during school so you get to practice with it. also the light is pretty sweet it changes everything so if they offer it get it with the student discount.

Q-optics 3.0x with there $400 basic light.

The fixed one are made to your eyes specification of course. The flip ones carry on extra weight and with a light the loupes can get kind of heavy. At times on both real and simulated patients, I can easily use the fixed loupes as regular safety glasses, meaning don't look through the loupes. For me the extra weight and risk of breakage, etc. of flip ones is not worth it.