Low Comlex decent Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sad_DO_Student

Reaction score
So I got my score for this horrible test and it's a spectacular 491. Got a 220 on Step 1. Planning to apply low tier university/community IM and maybe go into ID, but perfectly happy with being a hospitalist. Should I worry about this? I know where I stand with my Step 1 score but not really sure if the comlex changes things. Should I still report it for traditionally ACGME programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Your good since no one cares about comlex. You have to report comlex as a DO to all programs, most if not all programs will evaluate you based on step once you have one. Your are in the running for low tier university programs if you apply broadly.. also kuddos to you for taking step and doing relatively well/ok, without a step and just a comlex of 491 you’d have been stuck with bottom barrel IM community programs and former aoa only.. your 220 step 1 opens doors for you. This is exactly why DO students should take step…

So I got my score for this horrible test and it's a spectacular 491. Got a 220 on Step 1. Planning to apply low tier university/community IM and maybe go into ID, but perfectly happy with being a hospitalist. Should I worry about this? I know where I stand with my Step 1 score but not really sure if the comlex changes things. Should I still report it for traditionally ACGME programs?
Your fine, your comlex means nothing now that you have a step 1. Those scores are actually pretty similar based on old percentiles, but either way the 220 should get past cut offs. If a place has a 500/220 cut off that you aren’t hearing anything from you can send an email if you think your app is getting missed