Low gpa 2.7 Community College . Will I still have a chance for medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maya5809

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I started community college, I had family struggles which impacted my gpa. My parent aren't supportive and I was struggling from lack of resources to navigate college and poverty.

My current gpa is 2.7 from community college and looking forward to transfer in Fall 2018 for undergraduate college.

Will I still have a chance to go to medical school when I transfer to an undergraduates college to reset gpa or will my community gpa still count against me?

Members don't see this ad.

All your GPAs follow you just be perfect from here on out and crush the MCAT then come back once you get that score. Like I said in another thread the MCAT is always the deciding factor

Depends on how much you can bring your grades up to bring up your average and how you do on the MCAT.

Moving to Pre Allo.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are able to be near perfect from here on and boost your gpa into a competitive range and do well on the MCAT, sure medical school is very much possible. But it's much easier said than done.

You absolutely can! But I agree, not the way you are going. The prescreen usually knocks people with a sub-3.0 out of the running, but an upward trend is rewarded. What are you going to do in the future to increase your GPA?

When I started community college, I had family struggles which impacted my gpa. My parent aren't supportive and I was struggling from lack of resources to navigate college and poverty.

My current gpa is 2.7 from community college and looking forward to transfer in Fall 2018 for undergraduate college.

Will I still have a chance to go to medical school when I transfer to an undergraduates college to reset gpa or will my community gpa still count against me?
All GPAs are counted, but some are more equal than others. If you ace everything from now on, you can still be a competitive applicant.

But first, you need to fix what hurt you in CC.