Low GPA.. Do I have to do a Masters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a 3.0 and have an interview next week. If you can score a high DAT score, it maybe possible along with a strong application. (good essays, recommendations, volunteering, shadowing, etc)
 
Really dude?
AA: 23

What's with the "really dude?"? If you ask what your chances are to get in with a low GPA, then of course your DAT scores become an essential part of determining that.

And yes, you can get in without a Master's with that academic average.
 
I haven't taken them yet 😵 I wanted to study as much as possible before taking them. Is 200 hours of shadowing enough with volunteer work and a high GPA to compensate for my low GPA?
 
I haven't taken them yet 😵 I wanted to study as much as possible before taking them. Is 200 hours of shadowing enough with volunteer work and a high GPA to compensate for my low GPA?

I see. Well, yes, you should study as hard as possible for the DAT. Based on the statistics I've seen, DAT scores are more important to gaining admission than GPA, but I would still choose to be in a position of having a 3.5 GPA and a 16 A.A. then a 2.8 GPA and a 22 A.A. because it takes so much more effort to raise your GPA even a little.
 
I see. Well, yes, you should study as hard as possible for the DAT. Based on the statistics I've seen, DAT scores are more important to gaining admission than GPA, but I would still choose to be in a position of having a 3.5 GPA and a 16 A.A. then a 2.8 GPA and a 22 A.A. because it takes so much more effort to raise your GPA even a little.
I completely agree. ughhhhh so much stress! Hopefully I can do really well on my DAT!