Low GPA, Early Decision? and Retaking classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7NJ3213

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to graduate soon, and I have a low GPA: 2.7
I plan on taking a pretty much all of the prerequisite classes that I received a B- and below and make sure I get an A at community college

1. If you have a low GPA atm, should you apply to early decision? Would that increase your chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Theoretically applying early decision will increase your chances no matter what your application looks like. That being said, however, after looking at some schools participating in early decision, most seem to have an early decision GPA requirement of their average matriculated GPA. So, in a sense, most schools actually expect you to have a better application if you are going to be considered for early decision, and won't even consider the applications that aren't at least up to their average.

*Edit - Also, if they don't have requirements for applying early decision, they still have requirements for normal application and early decision won't be any lower than those from what I know.