Low GPA/MCAT (Very good research) is it worth it for me to apply to Top 20s? ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sampats

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! So I'm in a unique situation where my GPA/MCAT aren't necessarily "competitive" for Top 20 standards but my research is very good, which, from what I understand, Top 20s love their research. I was just wondering if you think it's worth it for me to apply to these Top 20s (Ex: Stanford, Duke, Case, Pitt, etc) despite my lower than average stats for these schools?

ORM
3.79/3.60
514 MCAT

Research: 1,000+ Hours

10+ Publications

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! So I'm in a unique situation where my GPA/MCAT aren't necessarily "competitive" for Top 20 standards but my research is very good, which, from what I understand, Top 20s love their research. I was just wondering if you think it's worth it for me to apply to these Top 20s (Ex: Stanford, Duke, Case, Pitt, etc) despite my lower than average stats for these schools?

ORM
3.79/3.60
514 MCAT

Research: 1,000+ Hours

10+ Publications
Pitt, yes.

As for the rest, no.

I'm out playing with the stupid dog, and so do not have access to my school list for recommended targets.

So invest in MSAR Online and target those schools where your scores are closest to their medians for acceptees.

You're good for a lot of schools

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro If a school like Einstein has a median mcat of 516 and I have a 514, would you consider that a realistic target?

@Goro If a school like Einstein has a median mcat of 516 and I have a 514, would you consider that a realistic target?
I suggest the following schools:

SUNY-SB
U WI (maybe)
U Cincy (maybe)
U CO
U VM
OH State (maybe)
UCF (maybe)
NYU-LI
Dartmouth
Brown
Pitt
Miami
SLU
Albany
Drexel
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Tulane
Hackensack Meridian
GWU
Gtown
Netter
MCW
Loyola
Emory
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD
Kaiser IF you're from CA
Your state school(s)

@Goro thank you! Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you put Cincinnati and Ohio state as “maybes”?

Can I ask what changed since 3.81 514 MCAT (ORM) ? You've asked this question before.
I suspect a minor GPA change after AMCAS verification. That said, as highlighted there is no reason to re-post, so I'm locking this thread. If you would like to provide further information as previously prompted, you may do so in your original thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.