Low GPA, need advice on if what I'm doing is a good plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wiles18

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated college with a 2.9 gpa and a 2.8 science gpa. My MCAT score is a 506. I am currently retaking undergraduate classes (Biochemistry, Physics) and also taking behavioral neuroscience at different school than the one I graduated from to boost my gpa. I am also going to apply to Post-bac programs at Drexel, Touro, BU, and Mt Sinai for next year.

I wanted to know if this seems like a good path going forward. I have volunteered at hospitals for my EC and am also taking an EMT class. I want to try to get into a DO program since MD schools don't take retaken classes as well. Feeling a bit worried if I'm doing all this correctly. Any feedback would be appreciated and I can provide more info if needed.
 
What you're doing is fine. Good luck and keep at it!

I graduated college with a 2.9 gpa and a 2.8 science gpa. My MCAT score is a 506. I am currently retaking undergraduate classes (Biochemistry, Physics) and also taking behavioral neuroscience at different school than the one I graduated from to boost my gpa. I am also going to apply to Post-bac programs at Drexel, Touro, BU, and Mt Sinai for next year.

I wanted to know if this seems like a good path going forward. I have volunteered at hospitals for my EC and am also taking an EMT class. I want to try to get into a DO program since MD schools don't take retaken classes as well. Feeling a bit worried if I'm doing all this correctly. Any feedback would be appreciated and I can provide more info if needed.