Low Gpa...which post bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnceUponATime19

Reaction score
hi I'm and URM who graduated from an Ivy and did pretty poorly in mu uGPA with a 3.09. Not sure what my cGPA is but it's in the 2s. I still need to retake chem 1, and physics 2. My research experience is pretty low (2 semesters no publish) and could def beef up my non clinical volunteering. Which post bacc should I do? I have been accepted to columbia ms in nutrition (but i hear adcoms don't want to see and ms, and was accepted to temple achs, and have been waiting to hear from bu mams for over a month (do they normally take this long? thought they were rolling)? should I do any of these programs or should i just do a local diy postbacc at a state school them apply? And can I apply in the 2020-2021 cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

What is your sGPA ? Which URM group do you belong to ? If Hispanic are you fluent in Spanish ? Where is your state of residence ?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi I'm and URM who graduated from an Ivy and did pretty poorly in mu uGPA with a 3.09. Not sure what my cGPA is but it's in the 2s. I still need to retake chem 1, and physics 2. My research experience is pretty low (2 semesters no publish) and could def beef up my non clinical volunteering. Which post bacc should I do? I have been accepted to columbia ms in nutrition (but i hear adcoms don't want to see and ms, and was accepted to temple achs, and have been waiting to hear from bu mams for over a month (do they normally take this long? thought they were rolling)? should I do any of these programs or should i just do a local diy postbacc at a state school them apply? And can I apply in the 2020-2021 cycle?
Either the state school DIY post-bac, or the BU or Temple programs. The MS in nutrition won't be rigorous enough.

Reactions: 1 user
You could do a DIY postbacc at a local college and take enough science courses to increase your sGPA to 3.0 . After that you will need to take the MCAT but do not take until your practice scores are at least 505. Let us know what your score is in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
Either the state school DIY post-bac, or the BU or Temple programs. The MS in nutrition won't be rigorous enough.
My GPA is 3.05 and I have a year of research experience, worked a medical scribe, have clinical experiences abroad and I have lots of volunteering hours as well. I was looking into applying to temple ACHS program. Do you think I have good enough stats to get in. I haven't taken my MCAT. I need to take ochem II and physics II over the summer. I will be graduating this spring.

My GPA is 3.05 and I have a year of research experience, worked a medical scribe, have clinical experiences abroad and I have lots of volunteering hours as well. I was looking into applying to temple ACHS program. Do you think I have good enough stats to get in. I haven't taken my MCAT. I need to take ochem II and physics II over the summer. I will be graduating this spring.
I have no idea what postbac programs require. You should look at their website and contact their program director