This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sTIFFmovement

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Gre:
12/12/2018 1st: 140V, 144Q 2.5A
09/09/2019 2nd: 142V, 144Q 3.0A
11/18/2019 3rd: 141V, 150Q 3.0A <sending 3rd score
c-gpa: 3.39
p-gpa: 3.307 with lab, 3.442 without lab
Observation Hours: 25 inpatient pediatric, 80 aquatic, 25 ortho, 60 outpatient pediatric (neuro/sports/developmental) 190 total
LOR: 2 DPTs,1 Employer, 1 pharmacist
TX resident

Experience: pharmaceuticals ~5000hrs, member of pre-physical therapy club, church volunteer 800hrs

Applying Fall 2020: USA-SanMarcos, Loma Linda, RMU, WingateU, ATStill, Midwestern-Glendale, West Coast University, Regis

Acceptances: USAHS

Rejections: RMU, Regis, Loma Linda

Interviews: (USA 2/11)
Interview Waitlist: Midwestern-Glendale, ATStill

ATTENDING: USAHS

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I’m going to be honest. I think your chances with those GRE scores and your GPA are very very slim. Most schools look for 150 in each section and a 4.0 AW. Your GPA is also on the lower side for admission, but people have gotten in with those grades before. Your GRE is concerning though. Maybe someone else has had similar stats and made it in, but I would advise you to retake it and shoot for a 300 overall. Good luck!

99% sure you will not get in Chapman. Their average stats are much higher than yours. I would not waste money applying to that school.
USA: there is a fair chance they will accept you if you meet their minimal GRE requirements.
Not familiar with other school on your list.
If you cannot boost up your GRE, look for school that do not require it; Western university for Health Sciences, Loma Linda in CA. You will have a chance to get accepted in those schools as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Picking some highly impacted schools to apply to with those stats would not be the best use of your money or time. I got into two PT schools with about 3K hrs as a lead PT aide, 158Q 154V 4.0W GRE and lots of other medical experience and it took me applying twice to do it. It's not impossible to get in with low stats but without a 3.5+ and 150 150 they won't bother to look at your experience. Look at the average accepted GRE/GPA on PTCAS and judge your chances.

Just make sure to look at the GRE requirements beforehand! I applied to a school that didn’t have a minimum requirement and got in with a score of 295. I also got into my top choice although I was 5 points below what their minimum score is. Just make sure you have a super well-rounded application, and you should have no problem getting into schools whose scores are on the lower end. Just be smart and be aware of the schools that sometimes require 310+.

You should at least retake the GRE. Most schools require at least a 300 total score and 4W. I know SDSU GRE requirements are that at least.

99% sure you will not get in Chapman. Their average stats are much higher than yours. I would not waste money applying to that school.
USA: there is a fair chance they will accept you if you meet their minimal GRE requirements.
If you cannot boost up your GRE, look for school that do not require it; Western university for Health Sciences, Loma Linda in CA. You will have a chance to get accepted in those schools as well.
Thanks USA is my top choice atm. I will be retaking in August.

Just make sure to look at the GRE requirements beforehand! I applied to a school that didn’t have a minimum requirement and got in with a score of 295. I also got into my top choice although I was 5 points below what their minimum score is. Just make sure you have a super well-rounded application, and you should have no problem getting into schools whose scores are on the lower end. Just be smart and be aware of the schools that sometimes require 310+.
what school was that?

What school did you get in?

Gre: 140V, 145Q 3.0A
c gpa: 3.39
P gpa: 3.24-3.36 depending on school
Observation Hours: 25 inpatient pediatric, 80 aquatic, 25 ortho, 60 outpatient pediatric (neuro/sports/developmental)
LOR: 2 PTs,1 Employer
TX resident

Experience: pharmaceuticals ~5000hrs, member of physical therapy club, church

Applying this summer for Fall 2020: USA-SanMarcos, FGCU, RMUohs,WingateU,UNM, ATStill,Chapman, Midwestern-Glendale, Texas StateU

Do I have a chance?
Also could use some study advice for the vocabulary portion of the GRE for retake?What materials did you use to study? possibly in september
Hey! Be sure to check the minimums for all the schools you're applying to. GRE scores are a bit low and may be hard to get into school unless it's improved. If you do decide to apply anyways, write good essays! I know that UNM and Texas State have GRE minimums and if you don't meet them, they'll throw out the app right away. So those are two schools you would've spent money on. Just check on the other ones!

Members don't see this ad :)

Do you know if anyone has gotten into USA with a lower GRE than their minimum?

Honestly, anything is possible!! all these people who are telling you that you’re not getting in can go **** themselves. I believe in you!!

With that being said, do pick the schools wisely look at their average stats and call and build a relationship with their coordinators if they have any. Go to open houses, overall try to stand out.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, anything is possible!! all these people who are telling you that you’re not getting in can go **** themselves. I believe in you!!

With that being said, do pick the schools wisely look at their average stats and call and build a relationship with their coordinators if they have any. Go to open houses, overall try to stand out.

Good luck
Thanks!! Good luck to you too!

Hello all! I want to let everyone know you CAN get into schools with a low GRE. I applied to 11 different schools that did not have minimum scores because I was so worried. I have so far received interviews from 9 of the 11 schools, and waitlisted by 1. The schools will primarily look at your GPA and the quality of your volunteer & observation hours. Good luck to everyone, don't give up!!

Hello all! I want to let everyone know you CAN get into schools with a low GRE. I applied to 11 different schools that did not have minimum scores because I was so worried. I have so far received interviews from 9 of the 11 schools, and waitlisted by 1. The schools will primarily look at your GPA and the quality of your volunteer & observation hours. Good luck to everyone, don't give up!!
May I DM you about those 9 schools?

Hey!! Is there a college or University near you that has a GRE prep class? It may help get that GRE up! You can do it!!

Do you know if anyone has gotten into USA with a lower GRE than their minimum?
I did hear that someone did, but do not know anyone personally. They are not very well managed there, so give it a shot if you have to :).

Gre:
11/18/2019 3rd: 141V, 150Q ___A
Observation Hours: 25 inpatient pediatric, 80 aquatic, 25 ortho, 60 outpatient pediatric (neuro/sports/developmental) 190 total
LOR: 2 DPTs,1 Employer
TX resident

Experience: pharmaceuticals ~5000hrs, member of pre-physical therapy club, church volunteer 800hrs

Applying Fall 2020: USA-SanMarcos, Loma Linda, RMU, WingateU, ATStill, Midwestern-Glendale, West Coast University
^UPDATE^ improved GRE from 284 to 286 to 291 At this point, the rest is in God's hands now.

Gre:
11/18/2019 3rd: 141V, 150Q ___A
LOR: 2 DPTs,1 Employer
TX resident

Applying Fall 2020: USA-SanMarcos, Loma Linda, RMU, WingateU, ATStill, Midwestern-Glendale, West Coast University

honestly dont let people get you down. if you have the passion to be a PT It will show in your interviews. I am applying right now with a V:149, Q:146 AW:4.5 and have been offered 6 interviews.

honestly dont let people get you down. if you have the passion to be a PT It will show in your interviews. I am applying right now with a V:149, Q:146 AW:4.5 and have been offered 6 interviews.
Good Luck to you!! This is my first time applying. I'm hoping St. Aug at least gives me an interview because I want to be near San Diego so badly. I have an application review phone call in two weeks.

Received a waitlist for interview email from Midwestern this morning.

Last edited:
Did you hear back from USA yet? My GRE was a 302, with 147 in quant and 155 in verbal, but I still got accepted for USA.

I have an phone app review with Zala on 12/17 so good sign?

You'll just have to see. This is the part of the process where they recommend you re-do/re-take something or not, and if your stats are competitive enough, your app is submitted to admissions.

You'll just have to see. This is the part of the process where they recommend you re-do/re-take something or not, and if your stats are competitive enough, your app is submitted to admissions.
I talked to the advisor today. She didn't recommend me to redo anything. She said that my gre was 3 points off from their recommended but that my 3.4 GPA should balance it out and submitted my app to admissions. Told me it will be 3-4weeks to hear back through email whether or not I'm offered an interview. Also told me the next interview slot would be first week of feb.

Hey guys,

As much as I hate retaking the GRE, I have to take it again to improve me score. Right now, my highest combined score is a 289. I tried Magoosh and Kaplan, but it only improved by a little bit not much. I’m debating whether I want to use testmasters or Princeton to improve me score?

what did you guys think which one is the best?

Hey guys,

As much as I hate retaking the GRE, I have to take it again to improve me score. Right now, my highest combined score is a 289. I tried Magoosh and Kaplan, but it only improved by a little bit not much. I’m debating whether I want to use testmasters or Princeton to improve me score?

what did you guys think which one is the best?
Have you tried ETS material? Since it's their test, they have all the actual test questions and the statistics of how well students do with the exam. Third-party material is ok, but I've found that the questions tend to be either too easy, too difficult, or not reflect the test questions whatsoever. Magoosh is amazing for the actual strategies but their questions didn't really help me at all. I took the exam twice. First time around: (301.5) 149 V, 146 Q, 3.5 AWA. Second time around: (305.5) 154 V, 147 Q, 4.5 AWA. Not the greatest scores but an improvement nonetheless. My writing score went from 39th percentile to 81st percentile!

I would recommend ETS books, online practice etc. and GregMat on YouTube. GregMat is AMAZING and I believe he's on reddit as well!

Good luck!

When I first took the GRE 2 years ago, I got 140's on both verbal and quant as well as a 4 in writing. Took it again and basically got the same thing. Bought a Manhattan GRE prep book and studied a ton and retook it a year later. Got a 144 on verbal, 150 on quant, and 4 in writing.

I got accepted into Midwestern - IL and have an interview with St. Ambrose, along with a ton others that I have to wait from. You can get into PT school with a GRE score on the lower end, but just make sure that other components help "lessen the blow".

I think what helped me is that I retook 4 classes, got over 3500 hours of experience in the inpatient setting (paid experience), ~ 150 hours in outpatient clinic, strong LOR, well written essays, and performing well in interviews.