ckwoid

7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2011
Status
Dental Student
So I have been wanting to pursue a career in dentistry since undergrad. My undergrad stats are overall gpa 3.3 and sgpa 3.1. DAT AA/TS/PAT 20/20/24 and I didn't get accepted into dental school.

So, I'm in a masters program right now and I'm stuck around a gpa of 3.0.

Silly question but have there been students in the past who have gotten accepted with a <3.5 gpa from a masters program?

If I don't get accepted this upcoming cycle, what else would you suggest I do to help me for the next cycle?

Thanks.

Bis-GMA111

7+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2010
Status
Dentist
get your gpa as high as possible. if it'll take 2 years or longer then so be it. a low masters gpa really hurts your app. i was told that straight up from an adcom at my state school. u want to get at least a 3.5.

Jan 13, 2011
Status
Dental Student
There is no reason to have such a low GPA in a masters program. I'm not really sure what to tell you. Buck up and try harder; that's really all I can say.

May 31, 2012
Status
Dental Student
I think doing well in a master program is your last chance to prove your academic capability.
but well..3.0 too low. if dentistry is what you really want to do then i would take more grad level science classes after completing your degree.

Jun 15, 2011
Status
What everybody else has said...what the heck? Your DAT is pretty good. Shows you've got the smarts. Slacking or what?

Jul 11, 2011
Status
Dental Student
a low masters gpa really hurts your app. i was told that straight up from an adcom at my state school. u want to get at least a 3.5.
This. And even the 3.5 is a generous minimum.. Do what you gotta do to raise it. Maybe you can retake and replace the grade or something. Best of luck.