Low Q bank scores, should I be worried??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blkkd

Electrically relaxing
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My exam is on the 8th of june and i've really been trying to run through questions.
I have been using world since January a few times a week and no questions some(okay a lot of) weeks. In april I added q bank and pretty much did the same. As soon as may started I picked up my game and began doing questions every day.
I do random blocks of 50, all subjects, timed, unused questions.
My scores in usmleworld have moved up to the point where my last few exams go as follows: 70,58,72,78,70,72,70
However my kaplan scores are actually lower:60,56,70,64,64,66,62
Qbank:43% done
Uworld:86% done
Should I be worried? Am I only performing better on usmleworld because i'm used to their question format?
Which question bank is a better correlate?

Keep in mind i'm trying to get over 240...

Members don't see this ad.

My exam is on the 8th of june and i've really been trying to run through questions.
I have been using world since January a few times a week and no questions some(okay a lot of) weeks. In april I added q bank and pretty much did the same. As soon as may started I picked up my game and began doing questions every day.
I do random blocks of 50, all subjects, timed, unused questions.
My scores in usmleworld have moved up to the point where my last few exams go as follows: 70,58,72,78,70,72,70
However my kaplan scores are actually lower:60,56,70,64,64,66,62
Qbank:43% done
Uworld:86% done
Should I be worried? Am I only performing better on usmleworld because i'm used to their question format?
Which question bank is a better correlate?

Keep in mind i'm trying to get over 240...

I wouldn't be too worried, it's going to be hard to extrapolate an exact board score from Qbank performance. Since you are consistently in the 60s I would say that failing boards is not something you need to sweat. 240 is a very high score so nothing can really guarantee that for you...

I agree with the above--you will definitely not fail with those question bank scores. If you want to gauge how you will perform on the actual test, definitely don't look at Qbank. Do an NBME form now, see where you are at and what your weaknesses are, and do another form shortly before the test. The NBMEs are probably the best score predictors (although they aren't perfect).

We've been told that mid-to-high 70's in Qbank usually correlates with a 240.

That being said, I feel the material in Qbank isn't truly representative of what's on the actual board exam and the materials that the NBME provides would serve as a better estimate.