Low QR section...what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rickytang

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took my DAT exam today. Here are my scores:

PAT: 22
QR: 16
RC: 29
Bio: 21
GC: 24
OC: 21
TS: 22
AA: 22

I don't know what to think about the 16 on my QR section. I spent too much time on the first half of the questions and ended up just having to guess randomly for a huge portion of the rest. I guess in my fatigue I totally lost my ability to prioritize and make sure I was on track for timing.

I live in Oregon currently and really want to go to the dental school here, OHSU. They have a minimum of 15 on each section and their incoming class had an average of 18-20.

Does my QR section ruin the whole thing? Do admissions committees see that 16 and just say nope? Or is there still hope?
 
Last edited:
No I would still apply. Every other score you have is a great. So I would apply and hope they can over look that! Just make sure to apply to schools that you meet the cuff off for.
 
I took my DAT exam today. Here are my scores:

PAT: 22
QR: 16
RC: 29
Bio: 21
GC: 24
OC: 21
TS: 22
AA: 22

I don't know what to think about the 16 on my QR section. I spent too much time on the first half of the questions and ended up just having to guess randomly for a huge portion of the rest. I guess in my fatigue I totally lost my ability to prioritize and make sure I was on track for timing.

I live in Oregon currently and really want to go to the dental school here, OHSU. They have a minimum of 15 on each section and their incoming class had an average of 18-20.

Does my QR section ruin the whole thing? Do admissions committees see that 16 and just say nope? Or is there still hope?
:highfive::highfive:Congratulations!

Excellent scores, love the 22's! QR is the least looked at section by most schools. That 29 in reading really standouts:clap: that is one of the highest scores I have seen in reading in quite a while.

Good luck to you!

Nancy