Lowest grade in undergrad, and what class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wammmy said:
I got a C- in badminton. Okay so I took it because the girl I was dating wanted to take it. So anyway we broke up about three weeks into the semester and I never went to badminton class again, and still managed a C-, turns out I'm pretty dam proud of that C- :p , and the adcoms loved the story. :D

Try working on a granted research project where the other primary working on it is a girl you just broke it off with and you still have three months of work to do. It was complete hell, although I have to admit, I totally deserved it. Taught me a valuable lesson - "don't dip you're wick in the company ink." :laugh:

Back to the original thread: C- in Honors English Lit & Composition first semester freshmen year (Rush and Olde English (the language, not the malt beverage) did not mix)!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems that a lot of pple retake the classes they do bad in...about how many retakes are acceptable every year so it wont count against you in a big way when applying to dental school?

It seems that only Snoopy99 can complete with me for the title of BIGGEST SCREWUP IN UNDERGRAD.

High school GPA: 2.3

Community College
First year
First semester GPA was 0.67: Trig – F, English 015 – W, Phys Ed – C
Second semester GPA was 0.44: English 015 – F, Trig – D, College Orientation – F
Summer term GPA was 0.00: English 015 – W, Calculus - F

Reflected on the wasted year and how my life was screwed up and became a student for the first time in my life.

Second year
First semester GPA was 2.5: Speech – C, English 015 – D, College Orientation – A, intro Chem – A
Second semester GPA 3.00: Spanish – A, English 914 – D, College Algebra – B, Geology – A
Summer GPA was 3.0: Spanish2 – B
Third year GPA: 3.11 Fourth year GPA: 3.3 Fifth year GPA: 3.4.

Graduated as Biochemistry major and obtained a AA-21, TS-24, PAT-19 DAT.

Now in D-school obtaining a 3.6+ GPA for the first year

I am still learning the best methods to study for my courses all the time. D-school has really accelerated my development into a student.

I really has a difficult time with English in undergrad, but that stemmed from a lack of instruction and poor expectations of me from instructors who labeled me as special needs student. I basically learned how to write in the first two years of college.

Members don't see this ad :)
snoopy99...thanks for your response!

it seems to be the natural progression to do well as we "age"...but unfortunately my 3rd year was a mess....1st and 2nd year were "STELLAR" for my standards now.
and currently my 4th yr..i'm doing OK.

so all in all..it seems like my grades have deteriorated...and it's hard to explain why.

i think doing "poorly" in 1st (& 2nd) year is TOTALLY understandable...my case...not so much :(

gdluck! i'm so happy u got so many interviews from Canadian schools...and just to think i was bitter about them not looking beyond grades...which is partially true...but then again, they look beyond your bad years.

well, I got nothing on those Fs from some people here. My worst grade in UG was a F in Painting (Watercolor).

I showed a steady regression in my college science GPAs:

1st: --- (didn't take any science classes)
2nd: 3.1
3rd: 3.0
4th: 2.7 (senioritis)

school's easy, just a matter of putting in time, and I'm only young and in the dorms once in life so I sure as hell ain't going to hand over my spare hours to academia. My goal was to have sex, lots and lots of sex, kinky and prudish, use up all of my youthful vigors with sex and have so much of it that my penis falls off. I figure there will be plenty time for buckling down and not having sex once D-School rolls around.

Dude, I recieved a D in physical concepts. The teacher thought I performed poorly on the weight test or something, LLLL I don't know... That should make you all feel better.

If you don't mind sharing, which Candian schools did you apply to ????

snoopy99 said:
This should make some people here happy, or at least have a laugh on my regard

Math 100 - F 33%
Math 101 - F 33% (at least im consistent)

So i had to retake first year math both classes, derivates and integrals, and averaged out to 50% on all 4 courses at the end. But it don't stop there.

General Chem 1 - F 45%
Organic Chem 1 - F 45%
Biology 2nd year class - F 45%
Biology first year class - D 54%

Countless others with C-/C/C+ (TONS)

My lifetime GPA is 2.9 and I got rejected at ALL US SCHOOLS for this application cycle, Temple, Detroit, Michigan, I can't even remeber I applied to like 10 US schools.

I got 3 interviews in Canada.

WHY DO SO MANY CANADIANS SAY don't worry have a low GPA, get a low teens DAT, the USA will take you in. I got REJECTED at every US school, and I've had my interviews in Canada. I'm waiting till June/July when they get back to me. I give the US props, in my eyes it's harder to get interviews in the US than Canada.

I got an Avg Dat 20/17, 2.9 GPA, on the 5 year program, and got a half dozen or so Failed courses.

There's ppl here in Canada panicking with 3.7 GPA's, im like wtf, just look at me and feel better.

Hope I made you feel better about your transcript Predents, hopefully I can get in too, that'd be sweet. I'll make T-shirts with my GPA, and then getting into Dental... priceless

LOL... someone posted a B- and said that was their lowest mark, all A's/A+ after that... hahaha, good for you. No prob getting in dent there.

D- in Bio Lab 2. took it in 1st year at college without taking any prior bio doh :)

2nd lowest is C+ in Cold War history - both same semster :0

B- in Organic Chem II. :(

nhangan said:
lowest grade: c- human anatomy...takign it over hoping for a B which ain't impressive.
curretnly failing human physio, o chem II, and genetics...at this rate...i'll never get into dent schooll....kill me booooooooooo :thumbdown: :scared:
Bro, Calm down. It will be OK, dental school or not. It isn't the end. It will all work out.

C- in chem 2 and ecology...(hardest earned C- in chem 2) my prof was ridiculously hard

my lowest was bio-131/ Ecology-------> C , but i got B+ at bio 132 , which cleaned the mess i've done on the Ecology thing ,
my finals are almost here , in about 10 days. im doing good at BIO-152 i think i'll get an A- or B+ , ...also im taking BIO-150 , but i think its harder than BIO-152 :confused: .im trying to get at least a B.....and chem 141 is the worst , im having a C :mad: :scared: ............WISH ME LUCK!! :luck: :thumbup:

I had 2 Cs so far. All of them happened in my first year.

non-science
BUS 101(summer school right after my HS graduation) = C-

science:
Cal II (took in my senior year of HS) = C

Members don't see this ad :)
D+ in Financial Accounting... blah.

F in Electrical Engineering 312 . . . and I tried really hard in this class!!

C in Spanish 302; O-Chem II, and Intermediate Folk Dance (no joke)

snoopy99 said:
This should make some people here happy, or at least have a laugh on my regard

Math 100 - F 33%
Math 101 - F 33% (at least im consistent)

So i had to retake first year math both classes, derivates and integrals, and averaged out to 50% on all 4 courses at the end. But it don't stop there.

General Chem 1 - F 45%
Organic Chem 1 - F 45%
Biology 2nd year class - F 45%
Biology first year class - D 54%

Countless others with C-/C/C+ (TONS)

My lifetime GPA is 2.9 and I got rejected at ALL US SCHOOLS for this application cycle, Temple, Detroit, Michigan, I can't even remeber I applied to like 10 US schools.

I got 3 interviews in Canada.

WHY DO SO MANY CANADIANS SAY don't worry have a low GPA, get a low teens DAT, the USA will take you in. I got REJECTED at every US school, and I've had my interviews in Canada. I'm waiting till June/July when they get back to me. I give the US props, in my eyes it's harder to get interviews in the US than Canada.

I got an Avg Dat 20/17, 2.9 GPA, on the 5 year program, and got a half dozen or so Failed courses.

There's ppl here in Canada panicking with 3.7 GPA's, im like wtf, just look at me and feel better.

Hope I made you feel better about your transcript Predents, hopefully I can get in too, that'd be sweet. I'll make T-shirts with my GPA, and then getting into Dental... priceless

LOL... someone posted a B- and said that was their lowest mark, all A's/A+ after that... hahaha, good for you. No prob getting in dent there.

Hey Just a quick update. Some people priv msged me a few months ago, asking to keep them updated.

I ended up getting in Saskatchewan (28 seats) and I paid my deposit. So lesson is, no matter how many F's you got, how low your GPA is, just rock a couple years and you can get in a school

Keep in Mind I did get like 12-13 rejections (US and Canada) and 1 Acceptance, 2 waitlists. Just be persistent. This was my first try applying, and I felt like **** after the US school rejections, and I ended up making it somewhere.

Good luck to those applying for next year, Looks like I will be joining the 2009 Dents :luck:

snoopy99 said:
Hey Just a quick update. Some people priv msged me a few months ago, asking to keep them updated.

I ended up getting in Saskatchewan (28 seats) and I paid my deposit. So lesson is, no matter how many F's you got, how low your GPA is, just rock a couple years and you can get in a school

Keep in Mind I did get like 12-13 rejections (US and Canada) and 1 Acceptance, 2 waitlists. Just be persistent. This was my first try applying, and I felt like **** after the US school rejections, and I ended up making it somewhere.

Good luck to those applying for next year, Looks like I will be joining the 2009 Dents :luck:

Congratulations snoopy99! I've been reading your previous posts, and you've given me (and others) so much inspiration and hope! You truly deserve what you've accomplished. Rock On!

What do you plan to do with those rejection letters now? :laugh:

C in O.chem....hardest class i've taken after engineering circuit analysis (got B there)

snoopy99 said:

wow, 12-13 rejections, persistence is the word!! i'd get discouraged w/ so many rejections

American Heritage. I got a C-
25% because i never bought the text books.
25% because i attended only 3 lectures in the entire semester.
10% because i started my term paper for that class the very morning it was due.
40% because i never studied for any of the tests.

Tied: C- in P-chem II and one in Calc II. Take those out of my damn GPA and it goes RIGHT up. The C- in P-chem II was definitely a mercy pass (I was a chem major). As for the C- in calculus, screw you Dr. Molinek!! (I'm going to medical school, not dental school, but saw the thread and had to contribute!)

C in Engineering Thermodynamics, 3.6 overall still so I'm just dealing with it, no way I'm retaking it.

I got a C in English-Technical Writing--

BUT that was after 18 months of living in USA, so I'm actually proud because most of my American classmates got a C or less in the class. The proffesor was very hard.

It's Ok to get a low grade. It gives you more strengh if you have to retake the class again.

My mentor had to retake few prereq. few times. The woman is now finishing med school and will become a surgeon! ;)

It's not *only about the grades*......it's a whole package.

Nice to know I'm not the only one with a C or less in the transcript :cool:

C+ Physics 2. Had already got accepted, plus the class was taught by a freak.

Triginometry took it in JC while in high school got a D this guy was for some reason incredibly hard, retook and got an easy A with another teacher. Stupid D jacked up my gpa.

Plant and Animal biology I got a C

gen chem 2 lab a 1 unit class I got a C+

C in Sociology :laugh: my very first college class

spring quarter 1st yr:
F in multivariable calc
F in physics: electrocity and magnetism

spring quarter 2nd yr:
F in ochem I

something about the spring i tell ya. :D

IcemanDDS said:
Hey I got a C in finance. I put next to no effort in it though, I was focused on my bios! :thumbup:

C+ Physics (electromagnetic and laser light ****), that's why i didn't the MCATS, cause of the physics sections.... and cause i dnt want to be a doc.

Haven't taken it yet but I can tell you right now: General Physics I and II. I'm going to bust my ass for my four C's (2 each in lecture and 2 in labs).

Ick - I totally hated Philosophy my sophomore year, and got my only big fat F. I carried a 4.0 my entire freshman year, but, unfortunately, it was doomed to go down from there.
Oh - C in Western Civ, too. I just about cried when I got a B in Bio, but I had just finally really gotten HOW to study: daily, and lots of it.
You guys all sound like you're doin' fine...

C in Intro Biology but as a freshman!!

It was a Philosophy class called Knowledge and Social Change. Who would have thought when signing up for this class that it would have been about transvestites and sex change operations!!!! :eek:

I got a C- and I don't know if I have ever been as weirded out by a professor in my life.

But its over and I'm sooo glad :rolleyes:

gatszu said:
spring quarter 1st yr:
F in multivariable calc
F in physics: electrocity and magnetism

spring quarter 2nd yr:
F in ochem I

something about the spring i tell ya. :D

hahahahah no its something about multivariable calculus...it just sucks no matter what

D- in society today (i couldnt care less)

F in global economics (got into heated debate with prof during lecture - i embarrased him in front of his students)

F in Omniology (prof was an ass - he thought he new everything)

C+ in introduction to the sexual experience (prof was 78 year old perv)

F in Chem 1 and Chem 2, retook with C+ Chem 1 and B+ in Chem 2

OTHER THAN THAT - all A's and B's, which yeilds = roughly 3.0 :(

C- in organic chem II

but thank God I don't have to take it over!! it counts for my major! YES!

B in Analytical Lab...this lab was pure hell, titrations and weighing things to the nearest .0001 + or - more stupid decimals. Needless to say, I failed every quiz, and messed up horribly on the first two labs and had a near D average, and still pulled out with a B thanks to the lucky curve. This lab was one of my hardest classes at UF, but it may just be because every day we had an analytical exam, a lab report would be due thanks to my lab section being on the day of every test...grrrrr. I've also scored a few other B's in labs, I despise them.

Orgo 1 = C
Orgo 2 = D (retaken for a B)
Gen Chem1 = C (Who knew you had to study for chem in college??)

B- in Biochem Nucleic Acids --> had no clue wtf was going on and my prof had no english skills

B- in English Shorter Genres : :mad: --> apparently everything you learn in high school is wrong and my TA liked to give people C's and D's +pissed+, luckily the prof marked the final. And this was in my final year too ... so much for my 4.0... :rolleyes:

C+ in Physucks 1 -- good thing I'm not taking the MCAT! Give me PAT over Physucks any day.

i got lazy in a few easy classes, concidentaly it was about the time i was partying the hardest

bio 2 - C
immunology - C
molecular virology - C

i got a few c's but never lower

B in British Literature, Technical Writing, Systems Analysis and Design, Finance, and Economic Development.

During my post-bacc time taking prereqs I've also received a B in Organic Chemistry I and Organic Chemistry II.

D in Organic Chem I (retaken A)

Should low grades such as these be mentioned in your personal statement...As to say how you learned from them??

B in Organic Chem I & a B in Differential Equations. Just typing those last two words makes me sick. LOL, that was the worst class of all time....

B- in 2nd semester orgo, engineering mechanics of materials and fluid mechanics

B- in intro to psych.

C+ in Cell Biology.........multiple choice questions from a-g, super long tests, and the questions were so long that by the time u got to the answer choices i forgot what i read! argghh

C- in physio lab. i was taking 24 units that quarter and so that class suffered the most. although, it was actually a C, but i asked the prof to drop me to a C- so i can take it again. The second time around, i got an A :thumbup:

C- Gen Chem

...and my TA for this class, bless his heart, told me he'd never seen anyone suck at Chem as much as I do! :scared:

I admire Chem majors and people who get it, I really do... but I'm absolutely convinced that if Hell exists and I don't make it to Heaven I will spend my afterlife trapped in a tiny windowless room and forced to balance endless redox reactions while listening to Yanni's Greatest Hits for all eternity :eek:

My lowest grade was a C-, received in introduction into bussiness class, haha~ :oops: