Loyola Adcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorbob1312

WSUSOM 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anyone knew if Loyola's class is filled yet or if they are still interviewing for spots. I havent heard anything from them yet and sent in my app in November. Just wondering if i should be waiting with hope or just waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there two weeks ago and they told me flat out that because it is so late in the cycle, they dont have many spots left. BUT they also told us that more than 1/3 of the class got in off of the waitlist last year.

The adcom meets today actually, and letters go out tomorrow, so a new batch of files should start going through soon.

when does loyola stop interviewing? is there anyone from last year who interviewed this late and still got in?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's really annoying if they have stopped interviewing- I want my money back!! I submitted my secondary by the Dec 8th deadline, and when I called on Thursday, I was told that I haven't been reviewed yet.

That's really annoying if they have stopped interviewing- I want my money back!! I submitted my secondary by the Dec 8th deadline, and when I called on Thursday, I was told that I haven't been reviewed yet.

They are interviewing until the end of April I think. So around one more month left for invites.

when does loyola stop interviewing? is there anyone from last year who interviewed this late and still got in?

I am not sure when they stop interviewing but there were a few last year that interviewed in late March and got in off the waitlist. That is the latest I have heard of. I am supposed to hear this week also, I interviewed on 2/10.

i think this year's m1 class was the first class that had straight-up acceptances held until the end of the interview season. there might not be many left, but there is still hope. and yeah, they will still be interviewing for a while yet. there's a handful of people interviewing each day this week still.

so the person who interviewed there most recently, you think that they dont have many spots left, but if you are on the waitlist then perhaps you have a shot? Im guessing if i dont hear anything by march then thats about it?​

so the person who interviewed there most recently, you think that they dont have many spots left, but if you are on the waitlist then perhaps you have a shot? Im guessing if i dont hear anything by march then thats about it?​

When I was there on 2/10 they said that there were spots available and that some of us would be outright accepted. I do think they are few though. The waitlist in past years has had good movement, so yes I do think those on a waitlist have a good shot.

I got an interview invite on President's day last year, interviewed on Feb 26. I was placed on the alternate list and did get accepted on June 5. I know plenty of people who got in off the waitlist, and I know one person who interviewed in April and got into Loyola this year.

I am a M1 at Loyola now so if there are any other questions just ask.

I got an interview invite on President's day last year, interviewed on Feb 26. I was placed on the alternate list and did get accepted on June 5. I know plenty of people who got in off the waitlist, and I know one person who interviewed in April and got into Loyola this year.

I am a M1 at Loyola now so if there are any other questions just ask.

Thats awesome news :) I've only been complete since 1/25, so I hope I'm still considered for an interview soon...

The adcom meets today actually, and letters go out tomorrow, so a new batch of files should start going through soon.

Will they send letters regarding ANY decision, including waitlist, or just a letter for the acceptance :luck:

Will they send letters regarding ANY decision, including waitlist, or just a letter for the acceptance :luck:

From what they told us it was all decisions; we would hear either way (accept/waitlist/reject) this week sometime. But I was sick the day of the interview and couldn't hear in my right ear so I could be wrong!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been completed for awhile now and would like to know if I should fly out from LA to visit the campus...yay or nay?

how long after the adcom meeting did you receive a phone call? the day after? a few days after?

and how long after the meeting did you receive the letter (i know this is somewhat dependent on how far you live from chicago) - do they mail them out the next day?

I interviewed in early March and they give out a date that your file will be decided (waitlist, accept, reject) by.

Anybody out there have the fortune to make a decision b/w Harvard and UCSF if you receive a Harvard acceptance? Any opinions?

i just interviewed a couple of days ago, and while they told us the exact date of the admissions committee meeting where our file would be decided on, i was just wondering how long AFTER that date past applicants heard their decisions definitively.

so-tired, when I was there the dean of Admission was gone did they say that there definitley were a few direct accept spots left? Or did they mention the number of seats left at all?

so-tired, when I was there the dean of Admission was gone did they say that there definitley were a few direct accept spots left? Or did they mention the number of seats left at all?

they said there were definitely still spots available in the class and they are doing things differently this year in order to ensure there are still direct acceptances available until the very last interview day

I interviewd in mid-Feb. When is the next date decisions are being made? I can't remember what they told me on interview day.

they told us the adcom meets on march 26

I interviewed at the end of Feb. and we were told they would meet yesterday. I am also curious if anyone has been called today/how long it takes when they make a call?!?!?

I called today and they said that my application has been reviewed by the committee, and it has been flagged for further review before the end of this month. Is this what people were told when they were put on hold pre-interview or is this something different?

yup... ive been hearing that same msg for i dont know how many months now...

I called today and they said that my application has been reviewed by the committee, and it has been flagged for further review before the end of this month. Is this what people were told when they were put on hold pre-interview or is this something different?

I called today too and that is exactly what I was told

I called today too and that is exactly what I was told

I'm not sure it would even be worth taking an interview even if I got one at the end of March. It seems like everyone's interviewing for waitlists at this point. :(

Yep...I was complete a little less than two months ago.:eek:

U?

I was complete on 1/25. I imagine once they have handed out an acceptance for each spot in their class that they will rank their waitlist. In other words if you do end up interviewing late and getting on the waitlist, the timeline of your application wont matter. If you're better than the first guy who got on the waitlist way back when, you'll probably be higher than him on the list. With that said, good luck :luck:

i was just there about a week ago, and they (both my interviewer and Dr. Norstrom-the dean of admissions) said that while there are limited spots left for direct acceptance that yes, over a third of the class (which is increasing by 5 spots next year to 145) got in from the waitlist..

oh and i almost forgot, the adcom is meeting next monday (3/26) to decide the fates of the past few weeks interviews-its seems like they do it in big bunches rather than every week, Dr. Norstrom said we'd have letters sent out the following day of the decisions that had been made...

Do you think they'll give out more interview invites after the adcom meeting?

Hey,

I just called and they told me they will be giving interviews out through the end of march...That is the invitations will go out through the end of march. You will get a call and/or email if you are invited for an interview. If not, youll get a letter. They will be interviewing until the end of April.

i was just there about a week ago, and they (both my interviewer and Dr. Norstrom-the dean of admissions) said that while there are limited spots left for direct acceptance that yes, over a third of the class (which is increasing by 5 spots next year to 145) got in from the waitlist..

oh and i almost forgot, the adcom is meeting next monday (3/26) to decide the fates of the past few weeks interviews-its seems like they do it in big bunches rather than every week, Dr. Norstrom said we'd have letters sent out the following day of the decisions that had been made...

So they are sitting down to talk about the people who have interviewed there already or to go over the stack of applicants that haven't received an interview invite yet?

So they are sitting down to talk about the people who have interviewed there already or to go over the stack of applicants that haven't received an interview invite yet?

the dean told us during the interview that the adcom is meeting to decide the final decision on the people that have interviewed..

the adcom meets tomorrow...anyone else anxious to hear post-interview?

I just got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that my file was complete and ready for review. This cannot be good. :scared:

iddybug why is that bad necessarily. Yeah very anxious to hear our post-interview fates.

I just got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that my file was complete and ready for review. This cannot be good. :scared:

My AMCAS was verified nine days after you (11-29), and the secondary was received/sent/complete on 12-23/1-9/1-25. Unless you received and sent your secondary very late, then you are being notified way later than I was about completion.

the adcom meets tomorrow...anyone else anxious to hear post-interview?

HECK yes... i loved that place- hope they follow through and mail the darn things out tomorrow, although if i get one more hold i might cry for having to wait even longer for the may 15th shakedown....

"i think i can, i think i can...."

HECK yes... i loved that place- hope they follow through and mail the darn things out tomorrow, although if i get one more hold i might cry for having to wait even longer for the may 15th shakedown....

"i think i can, i think i can...."

i know how you feel! not sure if i'll be able to take the agony of waiting another couple of months. i'm crossing my fingers....best of luck to all those waiting:luck: :luck:

I also got a way delayed leeter notifying that my file was complete. It was just a checklist and dated months back but it only reached my mailbox about 2 weeks ago after I had already interviewed.

I Got In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Am So Happy And In Shock

Hey guys, I know that they fill up their class pretty much by December/January, and people withdraw and they are able to accept more people, automatically and off the waiting list.

I will be withdrawing from there soon, so another spot will free up for you guys. *yay*:p

Congratulations, Dr. SoTired!!! :thumbup: :)

thanks ldybugg! i wish you the best with madison (i've seen your mdapps, and i'm a fellow wisco resident who interviewed at madison) and anywhere else you are interviewing:luck: :luck:

Sotired - you got in on the 26th? How were you notified? Did they call or e-mail out the results of the adcom meeting on the 26th already.

Sotired - you got in on the 26th? How were you notified? Did they call or e-mail out the results of the adcom meeting on the 26th already.

hey joj, my interviewer called me last night. very unexpected - i didn't think i'd hear until much later this week. it sounded like he called me right after the committee met though..