Loyola Adcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey joj, my interviewer called me last night. very unexpected - i didn't think i'd hear until much later this week. it sounded like he called me right after the committee met though..

thats very nice of him

Members don't see this ad.

Damn, good job sotired! Well no individual call for me so I guess I gotta wait on the snail mail.

Ok, whenever you get news just call it out if your willing. I like everyone else am dying to know how many direct accept spots they gave out and how the waitlist is shaping up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, good job sotired! Well no individual call for me so I guess I gotta wait on the snail mail.

thanks - im stoked about it. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!:luck: :luck:

I checked my mailbox today and.....................well I'm kind of far from Chicago so nothing yet.

So... I just got offered an interview today (hello! it is almost April!). And they were offering dates through the second week of April (maybe later if you want them)... wow! The rumors that they are interviewing late are true.:p

So... I just got offered an interview today (hello! it is almost April!). And they were offering dates through the second week of April (maybe later if you want them)... wow! The rumors that they are interviewing late are true.:p
I didn't:( , I guess I only have few more days of hope left. Why did I spend 4 yrs in Loyola undergrad to not even get an interview at Stritch?

They left a voice mail on my phone, and then I had an email later in the day.

Vano... there is still a few interview slots open.... so don't lose hope yet. :)

I didn't:( , I guess I only have few more days of hope left. Why did I spend 4 yrs in Loyola undergrad to not even get an interview at Stritch?

i feel your pain...after spending four years and 180k at northwestern for undergrad, feinberg took my lousy $70 secondary fee and rejected me four days after it cashed. talk about a slap in the face.
:thumbdown:

ok so has anyone other than sotired heard anything from the Mar. 26th adcom meeting?

i'm only in MI, so once they are out it shouldn't be too long and i'll make sure to say something

waiting is probably my least favorite thing to do after experiencing this cycle... anyone else feeling like they'd rather get a no as opposed to waiting another 4 months and still possibly hearing a no?

checked mailbox.......nada, would it be rude to call?

Members don't see this ad :)
I already interviewed in March..waiting on post interview action. Did everyone get the financial aid e-mail.

ok, I'm weak. I called and they said that the 26th adcom letters went out this morning.

I already interviewed in March..waiting on post interview action. Did everyone get the financial aid e-mail.

you need to calm down. your letter will come when it comes. for what it's worth i also got the financial aid email. since it's addressed to acceptances and waitlists, perhaps it means we didn't get rejected? oh well, the waitlist is also a mile long and you never know the rank, so that might make for good times! :laugh:

:eek: :thumbdown: :luck:
you need to calm down. your letter will come when it comes. for what it's worth i also got the financial aid email. since it's addressed to acceptances and waitlists, perhaps it means we didn't get rejected? oh well, the waitlist is also a mile long and you never know the rank, so that might make for good times! :laugh:

one or two posts a day on a thread intended for this discussion is not CraZZZyeee!!!! I'm curious how you can percieve a lack of calmness from text?

Yeah, I'm assuming the same thing about the e-mail and at my apartment I have had some mail difficulties in the past which is why I check to see when other people in my time groups recieve correspondence.

they're here...

"not happy about it!"....

this sounds like a stupid question but...is it a good sign that loyola has not rejected me yet? obviously, i know this is good, bc its better than being rejected, however, has anyone been rejected pre-interview yet????

im wondering if they keep all applications until all interview invites have been offered, THEN send rejection letters to the remaining applicants....or if my app has been put in a "smaller pool" for final review this week...

thanks

this sounds like a stupid question but...is it a good sign that loyola has not rejected me yet? obviously, i know this is good, bc its better than being rejected, however, has anyone been rejected pre-interview yet????

im wondering if they keep all applications until all interview invites have been offered, THEN send rejection letters to the remaining applicants....or if my app has been put in a "smaller pool" for final review this week...

thanks

i was informed from the admissions staff that invites will only be given out until the end of march (although interviews will continue through april)...

so if u have not received an invitation yet, u are probably "unofficially" rejected...

Is anyone that was expecting to hear something from the meeting last week still waiting for news? I'm not sure if they send a letter via snail mail for both an acceptance and a wait list decision, maybe I'll call this week.

got my waitlist letter today. blah. there goes that one - it also came with a huge packet that's just financial aid things from them. very tricky and disappointing. le sigh.

Does anyone know if Loyola is still interviewing? I vaguely remember someone saying the last of the invites will be sent out this week or were sent last week? Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

When I called last week, I was told that Loyola is still sending out interview invites and that this would likely be the last week to receive one. Actually, what I was told was that my application was going to be reviewed one final time. So I'm assuming that means that all decisions will be made (at least on my app) by this week (I called last Thursday, of course). At this point, I'm expecting a rejection w/o an interview, though :(

Anyone that did not interview get a rejection yet?

Nope, called them 2 weeks ago and they said a decision has been made and I will either receive a call about an interview or a letter in the next 2 weeks or so. It's been 2 weeks now and still nothing. If no news come, I'll give them a final call next thursday. But of course by now I know it's a rejection anyway--seems late for an interview invite.:D

today is the last day that interviews are being given here...sorry to anyone who wasn't interviewed...any further committee meetings will be to review candidates who have already interviewed and then make waitlist moves when the time comes...

edit: not trying to bum anyone out, but i know how hard it is to wait it out, and at least now people waiting on loyola can concentrate on other schools they applied to.