Loyola Marymount University Postbac Premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maclock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone reading this thread enrolled in (or will be enrolling in) this program? If so, please tell me if it's any good, what linkages are available, what its success rate is like, what the attrition rate is, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

LMU was suggested to me as an option in another thread that I started (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=479027). It was one of three alternatives to Bryn Mawr, Goucher and Scripps that another LSDed, Lokhtar, specifically named, but his list wasn't exhaustive. He seems to think that my GPA might not be up to snuff for any of Bryn Mawr, Goucher or Scripps, and that may well be the case. Not that this will dissuade me from inquiring whether any of those three post-bacs might be interested in my candidacy, but in the event that I'm clearly going to strike out at all three, I just thought that I should ask about the LMU program.

Thank you for your interest!

Honestly, if I wasn't attending BM, Scripps, Goucher, or maybe HES. I'd just do an informal postbac. Others have had success w/ other programs, certainly, though.